Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

CME to CUCM 8.6 (UCL)

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

Please I need migrate two remote CME to one only central CUCM 8.6. What licence (Part number) I need to migrate my SW-CCME-UL to CUCM 8.6 (UCL). And How is this to I have licence to SRST in my Routers (before CME)

Thanks

Manuel Mora

13 Comments
Advisor

Use UCL top level SKU R-CUCM-USR-LIC and UNITYCN8-K9 and use the 9 dollar program to convert existing CME and CUE licenses to CUCM and Uconn.

SRST and CCME on the router is interchangeable

Srini

Thansk Srini

For example: that is correct??

Part NumberPart DescriptionQuantityList Price
Licencias y Servicios Central Telefonica (CUCM)
CUCM-USR-LICTop Level Sku For User License1 $                 -  
MIG-CUCM-USR-AMigration to UC Manager Enhanced - Less than 1K Users70 $              9,00
UCSS-UCM-3-1-AUC Manager Enh UCSS Less than 1K users - 1 user - 3 years70 $            26,00

do UCSS for 3 years is mandatory???

regards

MM

Advisor

Yes 3 yrs unless Govt/Education

Srini

This post was very useful.  Thanks.

One small correction.  Its actually UNITYCN8-VUP-K9 for Unity Migration using 9&3.

Beginner

Hi, please can you be so kind and help me.

I read your response above.

Is there anything to consider, if the custerm has an existing CUCM with over 50 User Connect Licenses and plan now to upgrade the existing call manager express (CME) to and SRST gateway.

If I select CUCM-USR-LIC, and choose the MIG-CUCM-USR-A, the system show me a error message, that a minimum of 50 UCL lisenced has to be ordered.

The exsiting CME has less den 50 and I think it is an ADDon.

Which licenes do we have to order for UCL and for untiy express?

It would be very please, if anyone can help me asap.

Many thanks and best regards. Diana

Advisor

Diana

I have had a long case on the issue of less than 50 and the response is not much can be done

You have to do at least 50 at 9 per license

Now let's say you have other CME in the network and each of them are less than 50 then use this chance to migrate all because you cannot keep doing one at a time

For cue same thing use the 9 dollar program to move to Uconn

Thanks

Srini

Beginner

Dear Srini,

thank you! Have a nice weekend.

Advisor

No worries here is a snippet. We also ran into issues with co terming ESW/UCSS since 9X3 requires 3 yrs of ESW/UCSS and my customers existing CUCM cluster had a different ESW/UCSS contract so co terming it becomes tough.

The most important thing to note about the 93 program is that it is meant to be a per-cluster upgrade. Meaning, the customer would not be able to use the 93 migration to upgrade all of the CME sites individually in a phased-migration. If they used a phased migration, any users that would need to be migrated at a later date from the initial 93 upgrade would have to be purchased at full price. The 93 program is designed to upgrade the entire cluster at one time. I would recommend exploring options for migrating/centralizing the entire cluster in one move if possible. Also, depending on how long their migration might take, keep in mind that the 9*3 promotion expires in April, 2013. I know this isn't desirable in some situations, but it's the only way that discount can be had.

Because the 3-year minimum is required for UCSS/ESW, co-terming services is not always an easy task, and is an unfortunate side-effect of getting the promotional pricing.

Thanks

Srini

Rising star

Patrick,

Did you realize there was a private partner Collaboration Community for you to get assistance and access to partner-specific resources, programs and resources?  Here is the URL: https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/licensing. This public Collaboration Community is targeted at helping our customers and prospective customers, and we highly encourage you to participate keeping in mind that the information is helpful and relevant to our target customers and prospective customers' audiences.  Since this post provides beneficial information to our target audiences we are happy to leave it here but in future if you find you are asking something specific to partners only, please do post to the private partner community.

Thank you,

Kelli Glass, Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Beginner

This is very helpful.  What about analog and public space CME to CUCM licensing?  Would one use the same SKU's?  Or some other sub-level SKU under CUCM-USR-LSC?

I'm guessing here but would the SKU to migrate public space phones be MIG-PUBLIC-IP-DEV? and analog be MIG-CUCM-ESS-USR?

Advisor

Kris

A couple of things

1) You cannot migrate to 8.6 anymore. You have to do this as 9 version now using R-UCL-UCM-MIG-K9. Under that select ESS for analog and BAS for basic and ENH for public space since public space doesnt exist with version 9.

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/download/cb_upgrade_sku_guide_americas_emear.pdf

Beginner

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my current CME to SRST. and upgrade the CME users to exciting global CUCM v9

we had discussion with Cisco. Cisco requested to give the the number of CME users, number of analog and public space phones in current CME. how to check this details.

please help me on this.

Regards

Selva

Advisor

Check your past orders that's the best way. Since CME licensing is honor based that's the best way to show Cisco what your purchased

Thanks

Srini

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Future of Work Virtual Summit Day 5

Cisco COVID-19 Survey