Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction
This document explains the step-by-step procedure for configuring Extension Mobility on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.x

Extension Mobility is a feature that allows users to roam between phones, all the while taking their numbers and specific device settings with them.

Perform the following to configure Extension Mobility

Enabling Extension Mobility Service

1. Navigate to CUCM 10.x  Serviceability Page (https://cucm/ccmservice)
2. Go to Service activate page Tools -> Service activation
3. Select the server and verify Cisco Extension Mobility service is activated, if not activated,
4. Under the CM services section, check the Box -> Cisco Extension Mobility
5. Click Save

Configuring Extension Mobility Phone Service

1. On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration page, from the menu

Select Device > Device Settings > Phone Services.

1. Click Add new
  2. Use the following parameters for the IP Phone Services configuration:

Service Name:  

Description: Extension Mobility

Service URL:  

Specify the Service URL, substitute 192.168.1.5 with the appropriate IP address.

http://192.168.1.5:8080/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

1. Click the Enable box.
  2. Click Save.

Configuring Phones for Extension Mobility
In order for end users to be able to use the Extension Mobility feature, they must first add the IP Phone Service to their device and device profiles. 

To configure Extension Mobility, so the end user may use it, perform the following:

1. On CUCM Administration page, from the menu select, Device > Phone
2. Click Find
3. On Find and list phone page, click on Phone1
4. Enable Extension mobility and for the logout profile use Use Current Device Settings. 
5. Click Save and Reset
6. From the Related links on top of the page, select Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services, and click Go. 
7. On Subscribe configuration page, select the Login/Logout services and click Next. 
8. Click Subscribe and Save. 
9. Repeat from Step 2 – 8 for others phones

Configuring Users for Extension Mobility
1. On the Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration page, from the menu
select User Management > End User. 
2. Click Add New.
3. On the End User configuration page, use the following information : 
User ID: em1 
Password: <enter password>
PIN: 12345 
Lastname: Mobility1 
Firstname: Extension1 
Telephone number: 5010 

4. Click Save. 
5. Create another user with the following parameter : 
User ID: em2 
Password: <enter password>
PIN: 12345 
Lastname: Mobility2 
Firstname: Extension2
Telephone number: 6010

Configuring Device profile for Extension Mobility
1. On Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration page, from the menu
select Device > Device Settings > Device Profile. 
2. Click Add New button. 
3. For the device profile type select Cisco 7965 (Please use the device type according the type of IP Phone being used).
4. Click Next.
5. Select SCCP as the Device Protocol.
6. Click Next. 
7. For Device Profile Name use em1. 
8. For Phone Button Template use Standard 7965 SCCP. 
9. Click Save. 
10. From Related links, select Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services, and click Go.
11. From the subscribe service page, select Login/Logout service, and click Next. 
12. Click Subscribe, Save, and close the window. 
13. On Device Profile configuration page, click on Line [1] – Add a new DN.
14. For Directory number configuration page, use the following parameters: 
Directory Number: 5010 
Route Partition: SITE1-Phones 
Calling search space: SITE1-Intl-CSS 

15. Click Save.
16. Repeat the steps for Device profile em2 with the following Directory number configuration (Remember to use a different user). 
Directory Number: 6010 
Route Partition: - SITE2-Phones 
Calling search space: SITE2-Intl-CSS

17. Click Save. 
18. On the Cisco Unified Communications Manager administration page, from the menu
select User Management > End User. 
19. Click on em1 user.
20. Under Extension Mobility select em1 profile and move it down to the controlled profiles section. 
21. Click Save. 
22. Repeat the steps for em2 User (use em2 device profile).

After having done all that, we can now log in to Extension Mobility on our device:
You are able to log on to any SCCP phone using the new profiles.

1. Click the Services button on your IP Phone
2. Enter the UserID and PIN which you have created, and then select Submit.
3. Upon successful login you can see the phone with message “Login Successful”

Related information

Comments

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps for extension mobility.

Adding to this ,  with CM10.x releases enabling Home Cluster option under end user set up  is mandatory to use extension mobility.

We have 10.x set up and users get login unsuccessful (23) message if the home cluster option not enabled.

Regards

Mohamed

Luis Santillan
Community Member

Hi

is this functionality only supported by SCCP phones? is it possible to configure this with SIP phones like CISCO 3905 SIP?

Thanks in advance

Luis

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

Hi, thanks for the document. Quick question, what is the "telephone number" for in the "end user" configuration page? I tried a different number than the DN numbers configured under the device profile and the registered phone still only uses the DN numbers.. Thanks.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nice DOC[+5]

regds,

aman

Raul Ricano
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for this article and easy to follow break down.  I was able to troubleshoot an issue with a couple of users and get it resolved even without ever looking at Mobility Extensions before this article.

Thanks

Raul

FlorianCokl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luis,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_011000.html

the document behind the link says that EM is supported with SIP, too. However, becareful for which phone you would like to enable EM since not all phones offer the capability to run this service - reverse logic to the "notes" in the document

Michel Shuqair
Level 1
Level 1

Good step by step article Muthurani!.

For companies that would like to configure failover for the service url and benefit from Single Sign-on using their Active Directory credentials RSconnect has an Extension Mobility agent/client available.

The above article describes the configuration for CUCM 10.x, for companies using earlier versions we listed step by step instructions including screenshots for version 4-9 on our website:

https://www.rsconnect.net/en/solutions/documentation/callmanager-documentation/

Any questions on this topic, send me a message and I will try to answer it as soon as possible.

GadgetFood
Level 1
Level 1

Just wanted to state this document was very helpful. 

Side note I am utilizing 10.5 and EM was already configured prior so this was useful to go through the whole setup and did needed to change the URL to make it work. 

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Muthurani,

Its a nice document for learning.

thanks and regards,

Ritesh Desai

LauraRHCisco
Community Member

Hi Muthurani,

I used this document to configure the service on a 10.5 platform. The configuration works with the 7940 (withouth the login/logout service) but it doesnt work with the 7945 model.

Could you please help me with this issue? The login/logout service is mandatory?  This service is configurable?  If its configurable, how can I do it?

Regards

Laura Rodríguez

LauraRHCisco
Community Member

Hi Muthurani,

Sorry, I Was missing one of the steps, everything is working correctly now (withouth the login/logout service)

Regards

Laura Rodríguez

Hi 

I have configured Extension mobility and working fine but  today i am trying to login but getting error 23 . how can i resolve and please share the extension mobility troubleshooting process.

Crazyp0l36
Level 1
Level 1

BP_Sandip,

see this reply from Mohamed:

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps for extension mobility.

Adding to this ,  with CM10.x releases enabling Home Cluster option under end user set up  is mandatory to use extension mobility.

We have 10.x set up and users get login unsuccessful (23) message if the home cluster option not enabled.

Regards

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: