Helpful
Comments
Gerson Fabian Morales Marin
Community Member

Configuration

Steps:
Create SIP Dial Rule

1-Call Routing > Dial Rules > SIP Dial Rules

1.a Enter description and click on Add Plar and then click on save.

2- Under dial Parameter select "Button" and under value set it to "1" (first line on the phone)

Note= Make sure to use Button=1 which would be the button 1 on your phone.

4- Add SIP Dial Rule in desired IP Phone and Restart

Create a translation pattern/Partition

Choose Call Routing > Translation Pattern.

The Find and List Translation Patterns window appears. Click Add New.

Select the desired Partition name from the drop-down list.

Choose the desired Calling Search Space from the Calling Search Space drop-down list.

Note: Ensure that the Translation Pattern field is left blank.
Create a Calling Search Space

5.a -Calling search space configuration:

5.b Translation pattern configuration:

Note= Make sure to have the Called Party Transformation Mask configured with the destination DN.
Note=CSS assigned to Translation Pattern must contain partition that is able to reach the destination DN.
Important= When using sip phones I recommend you to use the CSS on the line configuration page instead of using the CSS on the phone configuration page.
Related links:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_1/ccmsys/accm-801-cm/a03adial.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CDF59AFB_00_admin-guide_chapter_011110.pdf

I hope this can be helpful to you.

Regards,

Gerson Fabian Morales Marin (gersomor)

Comments
GWaldbin
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for these instructions. This is very helpful....just a quick question

I am configuring Cisco 7841 (4 line) SIP phone for PLAR where line 2,3 and 4 will be used as PLAR lines and Line 1 would be only for internal calls. I already have SIP dial rules to configure LINE1 or LINE 2 as PLAR. Do I need to create new SIP rule to configure this phone?  What do I need to do for this model of phone so Lines 2,3 and 4 can work as PLAR? Thanks a lot

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Dear  GeromeWaldbin

Did you solve your issue?
I have the same issue. In the SIP Phone 8851, I need automatic dial in the botton of the second line.

TIA
Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: