This document covers the procedure for configuring Visual Voicemail service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
The Visual Voicemail application is an alternative to audio, or telephone user interface (TUI), voicemail service. You use the screen on your phone to work with your voice messages.You can view a list of your messages and play your messages from the list. You can also compose, reply to, forward, and delete messages.
Visual Voicemail uses the following:
1. A MIDlet. The MIDlet is installed when you update your Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection server to the release required by Visual Voicemail.
2. A phone service that points to the MIDlet. You install this phone service on the phones in your Unified Communications system.
DSPs reside either directly on a voice network module, such as the NM-HD-2VE, on PVDM2s that are installed in a voice network module, such as the NM-HDV2, or on PVDM2s that are installed directly onto the motherboard, such as on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series voice gateway routers. You must determine the number of PVDM2s or network modules that are required to support your conferencing and transcoding services and install the modules on your router.
Before you install Visual Voicemail, check that your system meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Visual Voicemail Release 7.1
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) or later.
2. Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Server:
Use either of the following:
• Cisco Unity release 7.0 with Engineering Special (ES) 19 or later. You also need the following:
–Cisco Unity Web Service (VMWS) version 184.108.40.206 or later.
–Microsoft Exchange configured as the message store.
–DCOM rights enabled. Use the Permissions wizard to do this.
• Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(2) or later. Use Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(3) ES 12 or later for a cluster of publisher and subscriber Cisco Unity Connection servers in an active-active configuration.
3. Phone Firmware Version: 8-4-3 ES 2 or later.
Ensure that you have the correct versions of all the required software, as listed in the release notes at the following URL:
I have a Cisco IP Phone 7962 at my workplace. I just bought a RJ9 to headset cable adapter and plugged it in with a gaming headset. All the features work, just the headset is VERY quiet. Is there any way to change volume of mic and speakers on headset asi...
HiI want to register the 8831 3PCC phone on broadsoft platform. I am able to register the phone for the first time but as long as we move the phone to another subnet, phone stick to old IP.After search we find out this is known bug...
Current Environment VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 0 @ 2.40GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 6144Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned With CurrentCUCM 220.127.116.110-2CUC 18.104.22.16800-26CER 22.214.171.12400-6UCCX 126.96.36.19900.51Looks like I can upg...
Guys i have CUCM cluster on 2 sites. publisher and 2 sub on site X and 2 sub on site z. CUCM connected to CUBE @ site X through SIP trunk. issue is when i use ip-phone @ site Z to make a call that goes through CUBE call fail. i used to re-...
Hi we have 11.5 cucm ,am using CIPC and configured extension mobility feature , when i pressed message button am getting HOST NOT FOUND .1.I changed the dns name in the url with IP address and changed in the Enterprise parameter also2.IN...