This document covers the procedure for configuring Visual Voicemail service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
The Visual Voicemail application is an alternative to audio, or telephone user interface (TUI), voicemail service. You use the screen on your phone to work with your voice messages.You can view a list of your messages and play your messages from the list. You can also compose, reply to, forward, and delete messages.
Visual Voicemail uses the following:
1. A MIDlet. The MIDlet is installed when you update your Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection server to the release required by Visual Voicemail.
2. A phone service that points to the MIDlet. You install this phone service on the phones in your Unified Communications system.
DSPs reside either directly on a voice network module, such as the NM-HD-2VE, on PVDM2s that are installed in a voice network module, such as the NM-HDV2, or on PVDM2s that are installed directly onto the motherboard, such as on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series voice gateway routers. You must determine the number of PVDM2s or network modules that are required to support your conferencing and transcoding services and install the modules on your router.
Before you install Visual Voicemail, check that your system meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Visual Voicemail Release 7.1
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) or later.
2. Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Server:
Use either of the following:
• Cisco Unity release 7.0 with Engineering Special (ES) 19 or later. You also need the following:
–Cisco Unity Web Service (VMWS) version 18.104.22.168 or later.
–Microsoft Exchange configured as the message store.
–DCOM rights enabled. Use the Permissions wizard to do this.
• Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(2) or later. Use Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(3) ES 12 or later for a cluster of publisher and subscriber Cisco Unity Connection servers in an active-active configuration.
3. Phone Firmware Version: 8-4-3 ES 2 or later.
Ensure that you have the correct versions of all the required software, as listed in the release notes at the following URL:
Hi!i've just got a Cisco 7821-3PCC Phone, and successfully registered it to my SIP server. The phone is reachable and calls from my old Cisco phones to the new one works just fine. If i try to call my phones using the new one, but the phone just says "inv...
Heyya! Just wanted to see if there are anyone who are getting this dialog whenever calling out. Around 4 users called me saying that they cant make Calls to specific people. Whenever they start a call or after a ring or two the call window...
In Jabber 22.214.171.124081, when a windows user changes his password while logged in in jabber, jabber does not immediately ask or sync the new password. but jabbers works without problems. it looks like jabber has some sort of password cache for a few d...