This document covers the procedure for configuring Visual Voicemail service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
The Visual Voicemail application is an alternative to audio, or telephone user interface (TUI), voicemail service. You use the screen on your phone to work with your voice messages.You can view a list of your messages and play your messages from the list. You can also compose, reply to, forward, and delete messages.
Visual Voicemail uses the following:
1. A MIDlet. The MIDlet is installed when you update your Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection server to the release required by Visual Voicemail.
2. A phone service that points to the MIDlet. You install this phone service on the phones in your Unified Communications system.
DSPs reside either directly on a voice network module, such as the NM-HD-2VE, on PVDM2s that are installed in a voice network module, such as the NM-HDV2, or on PVDM2s that are installed directly onto the motherboard, such as on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series voice gateway routers. You must determine the number of PVDM2s or network modules that are required to support your conferencing and transcoding services and install the modules on your router.
Before you install Visual Voicemail, check that your system meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Visual Voicemail Release 7.1
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) or later.
2. Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Server:
Use either of the following:
• Cisco Unity release 7.0 with Engineering Special (ES) 19 or later. You also need the following:
–Cisco Unity Web Service (VMWS) version 126.96.36.199 or later.
–Microsoft Exchange configured as the message store.
–DCOM rights enabled. Use the Permissions wizard to do this.
• Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(2) or later. Use Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(3) ES 12 or later for a cluster of publisher and subscriber Cisco Unity Connection servers in an active-active configuration.
3. Phone Firmware Version: 8-4-3 ES 2 or later.
Ensure that you have the correct versions of all the required software, as listed in the release notes at the following URL:
Ask Me Anything Forum
Architecture, Design, Deployment, and Troubleshooting on CCE Finesse
Cisco Finesse helps businesses and organizations deliver a Connected Digital Experience, enabling you to deliver contextual, continuous, and capability-rich journ...
Hii have deployed CWMS 250 users without HA in non split-Horizone DNS. but we have e problem. Site url goes down and meetings become field. until reboot IRP machines. recently i change deployment to split horizone internal users conncet directly to privat...
Hello, I have a Cisco spark board 70s that the display appears to not be working. I opened up the case and noticed the LED driver board was damaged (connector had melted). I replaced this board and damaged wires and connectors. The backl...
Customer has a step in a UCCX script that retrieves an XML document from an HTTP server. We have this set up for https on port 11112. This worked in version 11.5 just fine. After the upgrade, this does not work. We can get it via u...
Hi Guys, I am in need of preparing the DR document for my infrastructure. Is any one have sample document which i can refer to prepare? Like when any of DC is down how do we restore the services and when the Specific VM of server in the cluster is do...