This document covers the procedure for configuring Visual Voicemail service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
The Visual Voicemail application is an alternative to audio, or telephone user interface (TUI), voicemail service. You use the screen on your phone to work with your voice messages.You can view a list of your messages and play your messages from the list. You can also compose, reply to, forward, and delete messages.
Visual Voicemail uses the following:
1. A MIDlet. The MIDlet is installed when you update your Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection server to the release required by Visual Voicemail.
2. A phone service that points to the MIDlet. You install this phone service on the phones in your Unified Communications system.
DSPs reside either directly on a voice network module, such as the NM-HD-2VE, on PVDM2s that are installed in a voice network module, such as the NM-HDV2, or on PVDM2s that are installed directly onto the motherboard, such as on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series voice gateway routers. You must determine the number of PVDM2s or network modules that are required to support your conferencing and transcoding services and install the modules on your router.
Before you install Visual Voicemail, check that your system meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Visual Voicemail Release 7.1
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) or later.
2. Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Server:
Use either of the following:
• Cisco Unity release 7.0 with Engineering Special (ES) 19 or later. You also need the following:
–Cisco Unity Web Service (VMWS) version 184.108.40.206 or later.
–Microsoft Exchange configured as the message store.
–DCOM rights enabled. Use the Permissions wizard to do this.
• Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(2) or later. Use Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(3) ES 12 or later for a cluster of publisher and subscriber Cisco Unity Connection servers in an active-active configuration.
3. Phone Firmware Version: 8-4-3 ES 2 or later.
Ensure that you have the correct versions of all the required software, as listed in the release notes at the following URL:
please I have ccx 12.5 where I installed a subscriber by mistake without knowing that I don't have a license for it. Now im getting license compliance issue for "CCX permium warm standby 12.5" even after I removed the subscriber and restarted the publishe...
Good Morning ColleaguesI hope you are doing good and safe. I have configured 2 dial-peers , One for VOIP (SIP trunk to third IP PBX) and another POTS for outbound/incoming calls to & from PSTN. The extensions at the third party IP PBX are 1x...
Hello, we are service provider and have migrated to UC-One SaaS platform. The datasheet talks about pre-integrated apps and for our case I only see a plugin to integrate with outlook, no clue where to find the options to enable the integration. We are par...
Hi Everyone: I am trying to figure out a Consider If Formula for an Agent ID/Peripheral Number associated with a Skill Group. Basically, I am trying to queue to an agent, and if my agent is not available, I want to queue to a skill group this a...
Hello,we have deployed on-premise Cisco Jabber 12.9 and we get the contact's picture from AD successfully but the user's picture is not showed in "My profile and settings"we have tested Cisco Jabber 14.0 too.our jabber-default.xml file is:<?xml version...