This document covers the procedure for configuring Visual Voicemail service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
The Visual Voicemail application is an alternative to audio, or telephone user interface (TUI), voicemail service. You use the screen on your phone to work with your voice messages.You can view a list of your messages and play your messages from the list. You can also compose, reply to, forward, and delete messages.
Visual Voicemail uses the following:
1. A MIDlet. The MIDlet is installed when you update your Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection server to the release required by Visual Voicemail.
2. A phone service that points to the MIDlet. You install this phone service on the phones in your Unified Communications system.
DSPs reside either directly on a voice network module, such as the NM-HD-2VE, on PVDM2s that are installed in a voice network module, such as the NM-HDV2, or on PVDM2s that are installed directly onto the motherboard, such as on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series voice gateway routers. You must determine the number of PVDM2s or network modules that are required to support your conferencing and transcoding services and install the modules on your router.
Before you install Visual Voicemail, check that your system meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Visual Voicemail Release 7.1
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) or later.
2. Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection Server:
Use either of the following:
• Cisco Unity release 7.0 with Engineering Special (ES) 19 or later. You also need the following:
–Cisco Unity Web Service (VMWS) version 220.127.116.11 or later.
–Microsoft Exchange configured as the message store.
–DCOM rights enabled. Use the Permissions wizard to do this.
• Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(2) or later. Use Cisco Unity Connection release 7.1(3) ES 12 or later for a cluster of publisher and subscriber Cisco Unity Connection servers in an active-active configuration.
3. Phone Firmware Version: 8-4-3 ES 2 or later.
Ensure that you have the correct versions of all the required software, as listed in the release notes at the following URL:
Hello community!Can someone help to me to solve one task? I have an excel file with two columns: callingID and Department (of this calling number)I need to parse the incoming call based on calling number and it department, then to redirect to propper...
Hi All, I have a requirement where inbound call comes with Custom SIP header as below:Client CUBE --> Trunk --> My CUBE --> CUSP --> CVP --> ICM --> Agent Now agent sometimes may need to send the call back to Client CUBE with t...
Have you implemented all of the Webex recommended essential configurations in your org?
The configs I'm asking about are:
Hello Community, I'm hoping to get some views from the community about the best antivirus to use for a UCCE 12 deployment. I'm kind of looking for something that has good auditing and troubleshooting log output without being too comp...
Hi, I've setup a Elastic SIP trunk using Public IP NAT'ting towards Cisco Voice Gateway. Twilio(Elastic SIP Trunk)-->Public IP NAtting--->Cisco Voice Gateway--->CUCMPublic IP-18.104.22.168 We are trying a establish a incoming cal...