cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Manuel Azevedo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

Checking everyday if backups are being done can be daunting and tedious. We found out in a big customer that some backups were not being done after an upgrade (CUCM 8/CUCM 10 upgrade).

This prompted me to make a script that would help our support team have a daily overlook on how the backups are.

I've created a simple Perl script that crawls a Collaboration backup directory and subdirectories (tested with CUCM, CUCX, PLM and UCCX) and directories and creates an HTML report than can be sent by email:

800px-Ubr-screenshot.png

The script has several customization options (command line and configuration file) to fit many needs.

You can easily configure a cron (Linux) or a Task (Windows) job to send the email. I've also created a simple PowerShell script to help with sending emails in Windows.

You can find the documentation in my website (no ads!) and the link to github where you can get it:

http://iptuning.net/wiki/ubr

Please comment and give suggestions!

For bug reports, please use the GitHub page only!

Regards,

Manuel

Comments
Manuel Azevedo
Level 4
Level 4

I want to thank some of the people that have reached me regarding this tool.

Please keep sending me suggestions for improvements.

Good!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: