There are two scenarios in which we create ODBC connection
-->In case we use wallboard we create the ODBC connection from the wallboard server towards the IPCC server and in this case the authentication type has to be windows authentication and NOT the sql authentication
-->In case we have the database on the external server and we create ODBC connection from the IPCC server to the external datasource server then we can use either sql or windows NT authentication.
We can create a user on the external Server and give it local admin rights if we want to use Windows authentication or give admin rights on the sql database if we want to use sql authentication and then create the ODBC connection from CRS towards the external database.
One common issue in case of HA is that sometimes customers use Database lookup steps in script and there they don’t get the System DSN in the dropdown.
In this scenario make sure that the ODBC connection is created on both the servers and then refresh the database and after that System DSN should populate in the dropdown in the script.
Steps to create ODBC connection for wallboard (ODBC connection from the PC running wallboard towards CRS server)
=== On the CRS Database Server ===
Create a user/password that matches the account to be used on the server where the reporting client will be running. Grant the account administrative privileges.
=== On the Server running the reporting client ===
From the Windows Control Panel:
- Create a system DSN on your Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000 Server by choosing Start> Programs > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
The OBDC Data Source Administrator window opens.
- Click the System DSN tab and click Add. The Create New Data Source window opens.
- In the Create New Data Source window, choose a SQL Server driver and click Finish.
The first Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the Name field, specify a name for this DSN (for example, CRS-HRDB.)
- In the Description field, enter a descriptive name\.
- In the Which SQL Server field, enter the CRS server IP address or system name followed by \CRSSQL For example, MyCRS\CRSSQL.
- Click Next.
The second Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the second Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, click the Windows NT server authentication radio button.
- Click Next.
The third Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the third Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, change the default database to db_cra and click Next.
The fourth Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the fourth Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, click Finish.
The ODBC Microsoft SQL Server window opens.
- In the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server window, click Test Data Source.
If the phrase Test completed successfully is returned, click OK. This should allow you Wallboard system to access CRS database as required.
We have a SIP trunk from 8x8 and there is a voip link to provider.. When we make outbound calls from 8x8 to US number via the Voice gateway the call is failing.. Incoming is working fine. Please find the below debug message.. Can you please help...
I wonder if I can enable call waiting facility.Cisco Unified CM AdministrationSystem version: 18.104.22.16801-3What I am meaning is when there is an active call, people can still call the user. They will not get a busy tone when they dial their extensio...
Hi expertsmay I ask how to force rtp go through cube, our voip environment isgenesys — cube — cucm All established call is point to point rtp transmition, cube is only forwarding signaling , is there any ways to make rtp can through cube?
I have an axis camera connected via third party sip to CUCM, when calling a newer sip phone whenever a DTMF is pressed the call disconnects. Works fine with older model phones, any ideas? if it helps I see this in wireshark before disconnect, BYE rea...
We have 2 servers running VMWare vSphere 6 Embedded Essentials, it was purchased as a part of our CUCM server from Cisco. We are looking to change the way we manage these 2 servers. Are we able to join these servers to our vCenter standard, and apply a st...