There are two scenarios in which we create ODBC connection
-->In case we use wallboard we create the ODBC connection from the wallboard server towards the IPCC server and in this case the authentication type has to be windows authentication and NOT the sql authentication
-->In case we have the database on the external server and we create ODBC connection from the IPCC server to the external datasource server then we can use either sql or windows NT authentication.
We can create a user on the external Server and give it local admin rights if we want to use Windows authentication or give admin rights on the sql database if we want to use sql authentication and then create the ODBC connection from CRS towards the external database.
One common issue in case of HA is that sometimes customers use Database lookup steps in script and there they don’t get the System DSN in the dropdown.
In this scenario make sure that the ODBC connection is created on both the servers and then refresh the database and after that System DSN should populate in the dropdown in the script.
Steps to create ODBC connection for wallboard (ODBC connection from the PC running wallboard towards CRS server)
=== On the CRS Database Server ===
Create a user/password that matches the account to be used on the server where the reporting client will be running. Grant the account administrative privileges.
=== On the Server running the reporting client ===
From the Windows Control Panel:
- Create a system DSN on your Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000 Server by choosing Start> Programs > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
The OBDC Data Source Administrator window opens.
- Click the System DSN tab and click Add. The Create New Data Source window opens.
- In the Create New Data Source window, choose a SQL Server driver and click Finish.
The first Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the Name field, specify a name for this DSN (for example, CRS-HRDB.)
- In the Description field, enter a descriptive name\.
- In the Which SQL Server field, enter the CRS server IP address or system name followed by \CRSSQL For example, MyCRS\CRSSQL.
- Click Next.
The second Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the second Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, click the Windows NT server authentication radio button.
- Click Next.
The third Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the third Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, change the default database to db_cra and click Next.
The fourth Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window opens.
- In the fourth Create a New Data Source to SQL Server window, click Finish.
The ODBC Microsoft SQL Server window opens.
- In the ODBC Microsoft SQL Server window, click Test Data Source.
If the phrase Test completed successfully is returned, click OK. This should allow you Wallboard system to access CRS database as required.
I am doubtful this is possible, but I will ask based on a request from users.Is there a way that agents can dynamically (i.e. on their own, without admin involvement) choose what queue to take calls from (i.e. log in to or go ready in) when assigned to mu...
We are going to migrate from a deployment with meeting server edge to webrtc proxy on VCS expressway.Acording with configuration guide of CMS, external and internal ip address of expressway must be configured creating the turn server on CMS. In our deploy...
Hi, Does anyone know how I can download the UCCX web chat transcripts for a particular queue or team? I'm looking at the bulk download tool https://github.com/umnagendra/socialminer-bulk-transcript-downloader and it works well but I would like ...
Hi ,I am trying to join a meeting from Ubuntu desktop and after clicking "Join" i get the following page:I got the issue on ubuntu server only (on windows it's work properly)Ubuntu version : Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTSFirefox version: Version 73.0 (64-bit)Chr...
I have CUCM 10.5 on vmware workstation and My VM bridged to my network Card of My PC and I Configured DHCP server and DHCP SubnetBut when I connecting my IP phone to PC and configuring dhcp "YES" It should get ip ...