cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Problem Description

When CUIC Agent Report is run, the agent report fails with the error that contains the following line:

Overflow occurred on a datetime or interval operation

Complete Error will be similar to as as follows:

com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.datasource.CuicDbException: DbException: 
CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.getDataSet() { Nested SQLException;
SQLState: IX000 Vendor code: -1265 Message: Overflow occurred on a
datetime or interval operation. } at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.datasource.CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.getDataSetBuilder(CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.java:952)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.engine.CuicReportEngineWorker.executeQueryUsingDatasetBuilder(CuicReportEngineWorker.java:80)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.engine.CuicReportEngineWorker.runReport(CuicReportEngineWorker.java:37)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.enginebase.Worker.run(Worker.java:329)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.infra.threads.InstrumentedRunnable.run(InstrumentedRunnable.java:92)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) at
com.cisco.ccbu.infra.threads.ThreadPoolThread.run(ThreadPoolThread.java:164)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Overflow occurred on a datetime or
interval operation. at
com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:413) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:3647) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.E(IfxSqli.java:3974) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.dispatchMsg(IfxSqli.java:2695) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.receiveMessage(IfxSqli.java:2611) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.a(IfxSqli.java:1830) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executeStatementQuery(IfxSqli.java:1768) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.executeStatementQuery(IfxSqli.java:1699) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxResultSet.a(IfxResultSet.java:210) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxStatement.executeQueryImpl(IfxStatement.java:1237) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxPreparedStatement.executeQuery(IfxPreparedStatement.java:401)
at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxCallableStatement.executeQuery(IfxCallableStatement.java:241)
at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyCallableStatement.executeQuery(NewProxyCallableStatement.java:2131)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.datasource.CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.executeAndLoadDataset(CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.java:1072)
at
com.cisco.ccbu.cuic.businesslogic.datasource.CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.getDataSetBuilder(CuicDataSourceServiceManagerImpl.java:938)
... 8 more Caused by: java.sql.SQLException at
com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:413) at
com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqli.E(IfxSqli.java:3979) ... 20 more

So far, the issue has been reported on UCCX Versions 11.X, 10.X, 9.X, 8.X and can potentially impact HRC reporting as well.

The issue is filed as a defect already:

CSCvb27878   UCCX/CUIC: Overflow occurred on a datetime or interval operation

Since the defect is newly filed, it may not be visible externally at the moment. However, the fix for the defect is already available and can be installed on the affected UCCX servers without requiring any downtime.

The fix for the defect involves installing "ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.sgn" file on both the UCCX Nodes. Installation of this file does not require any service restart and hence can be performed without requiring any reboot.

This should resolve your CUIC reporting issue mentioned above.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I have a UCCX HA environment. Do I need to install the cop file on both the nodes? 

Ans: Yes, you need to install the cop file on both the nodes.

Q. Does the installation of this cop file require any downtime or does it have any impact on service?

Ans: The cop file installation does not require any restart of service or reboot of server. Thus, it does not require any downtime and does not have any impact on service.

Q. Are there different cop files for different UCCX versions?

Ans: No, the same cop file work for any UCCX version equal to or higher than 8.x

Q. Can this cop file be installed on ES or SU version of UCCX?

Ans: Yes, it can be installed on ES or SU versions too.

Q. Can I install this cop file from GUI?

Ans: No. This cop file installation is only supported when done through the UCCX command line interface (CLI).

Q. Is there any UCCX Version available that has the fix for the defect CSCvb27878?

Ans: There is no UCCX version available at the moment that has the fix for the defect: CSCvb27878

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saurabh

24 Comments

Hi Saurabh,

We are using UCCX 8.5 and facing the same issue.

12: 19/09/2016 11:01:05 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:TraceDBError #1:(ADO Error# -2147467259|Description EIX000: (-1265) Overflow occurred on a datetime or interval operation.|Source Ifxoledbc|SQLState |NativeError -1265)

13: 19/09/2016 11:01:05 a.m. %CHC-LOG_SUBFAC-3-UNK:Database Error | A runtime error occurred while executing the query. Please check log for more details

Will COP file solution work for us also ?

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this cop file can be installed on versions 8.x , 9.x, 10.x, 11.x and all of their ES/SUs too.

Nihad Huseynli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have this issue.

Please show screenshot from my UCCX 

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, from your screenshot I can confirm you are running into this defect. Proceed with installing the cop file on the affected UCCX servers. If you have a HA cluster, you need to install it on both Node1 and Node2.

Refer to Readme doc attached for more detail.

kelvinteh15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saurabh,

Good Day.

We have a Standalone CUIC premium . Is there any .cop file that we could use as this cop file only applicable for the CCX embedded CUIC .

Best regards,

kelvin

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kelvin,

Are you running into this issue on standalone CUIC too. I haven't come across this issue on standalone CUIC server. I assume that your standalone CUIC is integrated with a UCCX server. If that is the case, install the cop file on the UCCX and run the report on the CUIC again.

Let me know if you still experience this issue.

Regards,

Saurabh

Deepak Sidana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to update the cop.sgn file but it returned with the error. "The given directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, the system cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored."

Any help will be appreciated.

admin:utils system upgrade initiate Warning: Do not close this window without first canceling the upgrade. Source: 1) Remote Filesystem via SFTP 2) Remote Filesystem via FTP 3) Local DVD/CD q) quit Please select an option (1 - 3 or "q" ): 1 Directory [/]: Server [X.X.X.X]: ip add of SFTP User Name [cuic]: Password: ******* Please enter SMTP Host Server (optional): Checking for valid upgrades. Please wait... Upgrade status: Being configured Upgrade log: install_log_2016-09-25.11.53.13.log Checking for valid upgrades.

Please wait... The given directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, the system cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In all likelyhood, it is a connectivity issue between UCCX and SFTP server.

I recently came across this message in a customer environment. It was found to be due to the firewall preventing communication between the FTP/SFTP server and UCCX.

I would advise you to check the following:

1) Make sure the name of the file uploaded in the sftp server is "ciscouccx.reportfix.cop.sgn"

2) Ensure that the cop file is placed in the correct path. ie the root location of the FTP/SFTP server.

3) Make sure the correct permissions are assigned to the path in which the cop file is located.

4) Check if any firewall is preventing the communication between UCCX and FTP/SFTP server.

Regards,

Saurabh

kelvinteh15
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help.  

It work fine when we install on the integrated UCCX server .

best regards,

kelvin

Deepak Sidana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your inputs, there is no firewall in between, however just to avoid any communication issues between SFTP & Server, I used the DVD/CD by using data-store option & its also failing to detect the file. file name is "ciscouccx.ReportFix.10.cop.sgn"  i found that MD5 is matching "c74612bbcb7064fc39974bac35e63cd1" but still server is not able to recognize it & returned with error.

admin:utils system upgrade initiate

Warning: Do not close this window without first canceling the upgrade.

Source:

1) Remote Filesystem via SFTP
 2) Remote Filesystem via FTP
 3) Local DVD/CD
 q) quit

Please select an option (1 - 3 or "q" ): 3
Please enter SMTP Host Server (optional):
Checking for valid upgrades.  Please wait...

Unable to mount the local file system. This could be caused by a corrupt ISO file. For example, FTPing the ISO file to the remote server in ascii mode would cause this error.

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In this case, I see that the system is indicating that it could not mount the ISO file successfully. Again, it does not look like a problem with the cop file or its name.

One other thing I would like to try is to set SELinux to permissive mode using the following command:

utils os secure permissive

Try using SFTP method and CD/DVD method after setting SELinux to permissive.

If this does not work, I would advise you to open TAC case so that a TAC Engineer could look into your UCCX server to identify the issue.

Regards,

Saurabh

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Great! Happy to help :)

Deepak Sidana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the help, I used another ftp(3cdeamon) & i was able to upgrade the cop.sgn file.

After the update it fixed the reporting issue.

Many Thanks,

Depeak

rpmangala
Level 1
Level 1

Environment - UCCX 9.0.2 (HA). Applied above cop for both servers.

Problem Sorted.

CIC

Saurabh Agnihotri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your comment. Glad to know your issue is resolved.

Please rate this post if you found it useful.

Regards,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: