Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM CUCM OnBehalfof Code is 17

dngvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am getting CUCM OnBehalfof Codes is 17, while i see the description of the issue is

Call manager, Unified Communications Applications

Refer

So what is mean by refer, Kindly any one help me out this.

Thanks,

Vignesh G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vignesh, 

Did you go through the URL shared in my previous post, it explains it in details with example. 

Call Detail Records Administration Guide - REFER Calls 

Regards,

Shalid 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dngvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one help me out?????

Hi Vignesh,

Note: you should select the correct label to get a response to your query from the correct category - 

I am not sure whether I can help you much, but the term "REFER" indicate replace, basically the call has been moved from one place to another. 

you can find the example scenarios described in Call Detail Records Administration Guide - REFER Calls

i can explain this in SIP world, 

Refer is the SIP message that moves a session from one place to another.  Imagine that caller A is talking to Caller B and Caller A decides that Caller C should really handle the call.  In the SIP world, Caller A would Refer his call with Caller B to Caller C.   In fact, Caller B's SIP telephone would actually end up doing the bulk of the work and Caller A telephone would simply be an observer.

The call flow looks like below;

1. Caller A and Caller B are in an active call.
  2. The call between Caller A and Caller B is put on hold.
  3. Caller A sends a Refer to Caller B telling him to transfer the call to Caller C.
  4. Caller B creates a new call to Caller C.
  5. Caller B informs Caller A of the progress of the new call.
  6. Upon being informed that the call to Caller C has been answered, Caller B drops the held call to Caller A.
  7. Caller B and Caller C are now communicating and Caller A can get back to his day.

courtesy to the blog by Andrew Prokop.

Regards,

Shalid 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

dngvignesh
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, But in CUCM how OnBehalf code are working ? DO you have any document for this?

Hi Vignesh, 

Did you go through the URL shared in my previous post, it explains it in details with example. 

Call Detail Records Administration Guide - REFER Calls 

Regards,

Shalid