Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction

This document explains "How to Reset the CUCM Operating System Administrator Password ?", If you forgot the Administrator Password and unable to access the system.

Components Used

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0

Note: This Procedure is applicable to CUCM 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x

Password Recovery Procedure

This section describes the CUCM OS Administrator Password Recovery Procedure

Step 1: Log in to the system with the following username and password: You must have the Physical Access to the system to peform this operation. Log in to the System via the Console with the below username and Password.

• Username: pwrecovery

• Password: pwreset

Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

doc2.JPG

Step 2: Press any key to continue.

Step 3: If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now, If you have media in CD/DVD it will keeps prompting you to Remove it.

doc3.JPG

Step 4: Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5: Once the system has determined there is No CD/DVD, It will Prompt you to Insert the CD/DVD.

Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

doc4.JPG

Step 6: After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

doc5.JPG

Step 7: Re-enter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

doc6.JPG

Step 8: After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

doc7.JPG

Related Information

Comments
IngGerardo013
Level 1
Level 1

My server has not cd-rom driver, and this utility (password recovery) tells me that remove the CD/DVD... what is happening on this case?...

Your server is an UCS ? If yes, you can emulate a CD ROM drive through esxi interface. 

In ESXI, locate your Virtual machine... Click on it, Properties and you will find the CD ROM Drive. Check the CD ROM Drive (for example, mapping it to a ISO File) and enable it.

I do it in UCS-C and B Series. 

IngGerardo013
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is a UCS Sever, But if I do it this, what is the next step to avoid that UCS detects a CD/DVD ?...

The procedure need to detect a mídia on the cd rom drive (to prove that you really want to recover the OS password) After detection you can disconnect the drive to continue with procedure. Very simple.

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Is that successfyll CUCM version 11 ?

When I try to password recovery OS admin access I'm getting  "unable  to password recovery (768)" error messages.

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It works fine on my lab CUCM 11.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: