cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Sometimes it is possible that we forget the SFTP password or the CUCM Cluster Security Password or the Web Admin Password. In this case we can follow the below steps to recover the password without any need for the Server Restart. This was tested on CUCM version 9.1(1). I am not sure about the previous versions.

1. Login to CUCM Publisher CLI

1.   Run command   ++ utils create report platform ++

1. It will create the report and give you a path to download

1. Download the same  using some SFTP program. Here I tried WinSCP, Filezila, FreeFTPD. I only succeeded with FreeFTPD. WinSCP and Filezila always prompted the packet size error messages. 

1. Extract the folder from your local PC and you will be able to find the platformConfig.xml file

1. Use the tool to decrypt the password [https://www.adhdtech.com/uctools.html]
  2. Once you run this tool, it will ask you to add the platformconfig.xml file.
  3. After you add the platformconfig.xml file, it will directly let you know the passwords and few informations as you will see in the attached image file. I have scribbled the password for security reason.

I hope this helps some of you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: