cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Do you know CUxAC will be require for CUCM 8.0 and above ? are you ready for same ?

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

The CUxAC range of products provide 3 differing levels of Attendant Console functionality, based on both scalability and functionality, however all share the same fundamental backbone and technology. The solutions all follow a client/server philosophy and use the Cisco TSP to communicate with CUCM and control the relevant calls.  The Cisco Unified Department, Business, and Enterprise Attendant Consoles have a client attendant console application that installs on an attendant's Windows PC. It also requires an attendant console server application installed on a separate physical server than Unified CM. The attendant console application communicates with the attendant console server application, and the attendant console server application communicates with Unified CM securely through CTI and AXL over Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Multiple attendant consoles can connect to a single attendant console server. The Department, Business, and Enterprise versions of the attendant console differ in their limits to various capabilities such as the number of supported operator clients and the number of supported directory entries 

Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console

Aimed at Mid Market UC users
Installed and configured using a web wizard
6 consoles, 750 directory entries, max 6 queues
Supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3, 5.1. 6.0, 6.1,7.0 and 8.0
Phone directory is synchronized solely with Cisco Unified Communications Manager directory
Strong telephony features designed for SMB customers
Effective queuing functionality allows prioritization of calls and is easy to set up using web interface
Supported solely by Cisco TAC

Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console

Aimed at team answer functions in large businesses
Installed and configured using a web wizard
10 consoles (2 per department), max 5 queues (1 per department) and 750 directory entries (150 per department)
Supported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.3, 5.1. 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 and 8.0
Phone directory is synchronized solely with Cisco Unified Communications Manager directory
Queuing functionality is simplified to ensure easy answer of calls by each attendant / team operator
Telephony functionality boasts improvements over EoS Cisco Attendant Console
Supported solely by Cisco TAC

Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console

Targeted at Enterprise and Mid Market Unified Communications usersHighly scalable- Up to 25 consoles supportedUp to 100,000 directory entries Maximum of 50 call queues with varied configuration optionsSupported on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0, 6.1, 7.0,7.1 and 8.0Increases productivityIntuitive GUI designed specifically for Attendant Console operatorsSupports presence integration with Cisco Unified Presence ServerAdded responsivenessEmergency, Night Service and Directory Search Filters supported
Easier-to-administerPhone directory is synchronized solely with Cisco Unified Communications Manager directory
Supported by Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC)

Arc Enterprise Solution Plus

Aimed at enterprise with higher call traffic
Installation is a combination of wizard and manual configuration and requires Arc trained engineer
Supports up to 100 console clients, & up to 100,000 directory entries
Up to 5000 Busy Lamp Devices supported
Optional feature: XML Whisper Page
Orderable only through Cisco
Supported by Arc Solutions or by Arc Certified Reseller; a support contract is required (not Cisco TAC)

Cisco Attendant Console (CAC) EOS

EoS Bulletin Issued on Oct 17, 2008:
The CAC Client Plug-in was removed from UCM 7.0
UCM upgrades to 7.0 or 7.1 can continue to use the CAC
Blocks new UCM 7.0 or 7.1 customers from using the CAC
The CAC Server will be removed from UCM 8.0
CAC is no longer an option for upgrades or new customers in 8.0

10 Comments
Beginner

Hi,

What is the Cisco strategy when it comes to PC Attendant Consoles for UCME 8.x?,

Thanks,

Otto

Beginner

The answer I have been given is that Attendant Console is GONE in V8.  There is a product out there called Arc Console which seems to be a decent replacement.  I have looked at it, and the Enterprise Product will only allow 25 concurrent users, so there is a limitation for the number of users.  Also, the price is per user, so it can add up fast.  I don't know why Cisco would have discontinued Attendant Console, it was a great piece of software.

Advisor

Sarah

The question was specific to CCME. For CCME there is Arc express which is made by the same company, however at one point there were slides where Cisco was developing in house console but I never saw anything after that. So the option might be to go to Arc express but I haven't seen official guidance from Cisco just like there is with CUCM

Thanks

Srini

Beginner

Srini

Can you tell me any more about Cisco developing a console?  I have been struggeling to come up with a replacement for this product.  Is that something you can inquire for me?

Advisor

Sarah

No information right now the official guidance is to use Cisco consoles OEM from Arc for CUCM and for CUCME, Arc express is one choice. Yes I too feel the pain on paying for these consoles and that has been communicated to Cisco by other partners too. So right now going with Arc OEM consoles is the only option or look at Call connector for CCME. It provides you click to call, pop up on the PC, presence etc.

Beginner

@Srini,

Arc Express is EOS and not validated with UCME8.0. Unified Call Connector is not a console application, I would use it more as a desktop application for end users. Smart Call Connector on the other hand is a PC Console application for the UC540 and 60 series, soon to be supported for UCME, but no release date published as yet,

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14094

Any other suggestion?,

Thanks,

Advisor

Thanks for the heads up on that EOL notice. I guess you could call them to see what they have

Please be aware that this product is in the process of being made end of life. Please contact us for more details: +1 877 956 0272

I know that call connector is not a console application which is why I suggested it at the end more as a worst case option not as a first choice. You could also look at MOC RCC with CCME

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns829/799011.pdf

MOC will provide Presence status and you get click to call with CCME

Srini

Beginner

MOC RCC might be an alternative,

Thanks!,

Otto

Beginner

No plans to develop attendant console within Cisco.  CUxAC is a replacement. This product has lot of great features and further development will be done on this product

Advisor

Ritesh

That applies to UCM not UCME which is what this thread is about. In fact Cisco has a home grown console for UC 500 which for some reason has not been ported to CCME. I have sent a couple of emails to the PM but I am yet to hear anything. Also maybe you should see this thread first on all the "great features" you talk about, it needs tremendous work...

https://communities.cisco.com/message/53756#53756

Content for Community-Ad