This document covers the Procedure for Dumping CUCM Fresh Install Logs - Virtualization
In order to dump install logs on a virtual UC installation, it is necessary to use a virtual serial port on the virtual machine. By default, a serial port is not present when deploying from the Cisco provided OVA. Thus it will often be the case that the first time you hit an installation problem and need to dump the logs, the serial port will not be available. Use this procedure to add a serial port to the virtual machine and dump the logs.
Follow this procedure to dump install logs to the serial port on the VM.
1. When the VM is powered off, edit settings and add a serial port to the VM.
Note: You cannot add one while the VM is running.
2. You will be required at this time to attach the serial port to a file. Just attach to any temp/junk file, as this file will NOT be used to dump the logs.
3. Power on the VM and start your installation. At boot up, linux will dump some garbage characters (escape sequence characters) into the temp file you attached to the serial port.
4. When you're ready to actually dump the log files, attach a new, empty file to the serial port by editing settings of the VM while the machine is running. You do not have to power down the VM to change the file attached to the serial port.
6. After you have a successful install in the VM, power off the VM, edit settings and remove the serial port from the VM.
Leaving the serial port (or any other unnecessary virtual hardware) can negatively impact performance of the VM. There is no other use of the serial port in a Unified CM VM other than dumping the install logs, so you will not need it again unless you do a fresh install.
Hi, Refer to below BoM would you kindly guide with the right license for 3rd party IP Phone to sync with the existing infra.? Call Manager Hardware 21.0BE6M-M4-K9=Cisco Business Edition 6000M Svr (M4), Export Restricted SWN/A121...
Hello, We have CUCM Cluster on BE7K on 10K user OVA, there is a branch with existing seperate BE6K with 100 users. we are migrating the the 100 users to HQ Cluster and need local call processing. I though of 2 options for the Branch.1. 10K user ...
Hi All, I have issue with UCCX to transfer call, what simulation has been done are :1. Calling from internal to external number (phone number) via UCCX , result is success2. Calling from external (phone number) to external number (phone number) via U...
I am trying to configure a script that has a time of day component Building menus one for school hours and one for After hours During 8:00 am to 3:00 no teacher should get a phone call from a parent After 3:00 pm parents should be abl...