Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

This document describes the new feature introduced in Jabber for Windows (J4W) 10.5. It now supports CUCM Hunt Group and Call Pickup Group with an option for Hunt Group Login/Logout.

CUCM IP phones provide the option for Hunt Login/Logout in the Phone Button Template. This setting can be enabled in the Jabber client by configuring policies in the jabber-config.xml file.

<Policies>

<EnableCallPickup>true</EnableCallPickup>

<EnableGroupCallPickup>true</EnableGroupCallPickup>

<EnableOtherGroupPickup>true</EnableOtherGroupPickup>

<EnableHuntGroup>true</EnableHuntGroup>

</Policies>

The policy enables the Hunt Group & Pickup tab in the Jabber for Windows client.

The tab will be displayed irrespective if the Softphone has been registered or not.

Related Links:

Jabber for Windows Administration Guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html#CJAB_RF_P49D3621_00

Tool to generate the jabber-config.xml file.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/106926/jabber-config-file-generator

Comments

Good Post...Very Useful.. Thanks 

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Christian.

Please rate useful posts :)

hallinanpv1
Level 4
Level 4

Great post, looking forward to implementing in our environment.  One question though; is there a way to have the tab show up on just specific users JABBER?

If the user is not a member of a hunt or pickup group will the tab not be shown?

We have maybe a hundred users out of 20K worldwide who currently use the Hunt feature, i know i would get a deluge of calls in if this new tab showed up on all of their Jabber clients.

thx

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hallinan,

Thank you for the comment.

If the user is not a member of a hunt or pickup group will the tab not be shown? - The tab will still be shown.

You can implement the feature for selective users by using group configuration file. Please refer the below documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_CN_G333094C_00

The parameter 'configurationFile=group_configuration_file_name.xml' needs to be applied on Cisco Support Field configuration in the  user's CSF Device page.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Nirmal,

Thanks for sharing this. 

Regards

Lavanya 

CSC Moderator

Siddha Nadheswaran S.R
Community Member

Great going Nirmal. :)

Tracy Logan
Level 1
Level 1

Great post.... we have confiugred out config file, but it did not create the new hunt group tap.  Not sure if I am missing something to create the new tab.

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

Did you restart the TFTP service after uploading the new config file? Did you restart the client after that? 

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tracy,

Please provide a Problem Report from the Jabber client. Also, please provide me the jabber-config.xml file that you created. I will take a look at it.

Regards

Nirmal Issac

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to turn off the call pickup group pop-ups for individual clients? I have users who are part of a call pickup group so Admin Assistants can pick up their calls, but the users themselves do not pick up calls. On the individual phones I can turn their notifications off, but in Jabber they are getting the pop-ups when other people get calls. Thanks.

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

So those users should not have the tab itself? Maybe you can try Jabber group configuration file where you can selectively disable tab for certain users with a different xml file.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_CN_G333094C_00

goldnetps
Level 1
Level 1

It worked very well! Great post, many thanks!!

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I get the tab and the text but the ability to log in is grayed out.  I tried using a group configuration so I could test, then I also tried removing that and uploading the changes to the global jabber-config.xml, restarting the TFTP service and logging/exiting out of jabber between each attempt.

Screenshot attached.  Thanks for any ideas.

EDIT: Answering my own question.  Failed to mention this is on a VM desktop using VXME and the documentation says Hunt Groups are not supported in this environment.  The feature works fully on a local machine as described in the article.

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I can't get the Hunt Group & Pickup button to appear.

I only have a jabberLocalConfig.xml file, and after editing, when jabber is run it renames this file jabberLocalConfig-backup.xml and creates a new jabberLocalconfig.xml file without the Policies options.

Anything else I need to enable this?

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Where do you see this file?

You have to change the jabber-config.xml and upload it to CUCM and restart tftp service

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: