Helpful
Comments
Amrinder Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Factory Reset DX80

There are many ways to factory reset a unit
Soft Reset - Apps -> Backup and reset –> Factory Reset
Factory reset button rear panel near micro USB Key press sequence ( Outlined below - have to be quick)

• Hold volume up during boot until mute led is lit (red), then press mute button (the button above the volume up Button).
  • Alt boot: Hold volume down during boot until mute led is lit (red), then press mute button.
5 Comments
Frank Joy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there another method using a serial port connection?

mimtiaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

silmohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nice document Amrinder ...

nserra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the DX80 near the power connection, is a small hole for Factory reset, press and old you will see the information on the screen. 

tomas.truchly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Jut to inform you. 

I have DX80 which has non functional touch screen. And not only that. It randomly generates clicks. 

What I wanted to point out. 

There was at least for me difference between

factory reset small button on the back ( you need something like pin or iphone sim card remover tool to be able to press it. 0 

and "power --> volume up --> press mute while LED is red"

Both did not resolve my issues but after the "power ... " method I was able to get at least mouse working. I don't know whether there is some difference between these two ways of re-setting the product. 

Tomas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links