cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
rajivkr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

Would you like to try out the redesigned desktop and the new features of Finesse 12.0 before it comes out? Or would you like to start developing your custom applications using the new APIs before the release so that your application is ready when the release comes out? Well, now you can!

DevNet is proud to present to you the Finesse 12.0 EFT sandbox! With the UX refresh coming in 12.0, we wanted you to be able to preview and get accustomed to the new desktop. Also, we want to give you the opportunity to validate your custom gadget(s) as well as update them to align to the new look-and-feel of Finesse 12.0 so that it can be ready when 12.0 is released. 

Not sure what the new 12.0 features are? Well, here are highlights of the key aspects you can try out in the Finesse 12.0 sandbox:

1. New UX for agents and supervisors, which includes the following:
    • New look-and-feel of Finesse
    • Left navigation bar, which can be pinned/unpinned by users
    • Pop-Over for incoming call and digital channels
    • Customizable Finesse header
    • Customizable Finesse logo and heading
    • Brighter and bolder Voice State Control
    • Voice State Control and Digital Channel State Control, side by side, in the header
    • Search and set Wrap-Up reason
    • New PhoneBook and one-click calling UX
    • Agent Active Call details for Supervisor from the Team Performance Gadget
    • Confirmation prompt prior to browser close
  2. New Features:
    • Desktop Chat using IM&P service as the backend (This covers Agent to Agent, Agent to Supervisor, Supervisor to Agent, Agent to Subject Matter Expert chat)
    • Team Messages (Supervisor broadcast)
    • Force Wrap-up reason
    • Countup/down timer for Wrap-Up state
    • Multi-select Wrap-Up reasons (UCCX only)
    • Web-sockets support for OpenFire
    • Workflow support extended to digital channels
    • Headless gadgets
  3. API support:
    • Finesse APIs would be backward compatible
    • New Finesse APIs:
      1. Pop-Over for digital channels
      2. Digital Channel State Control
    • Supported browsers:
      1. IE11 Native mode with Windows 10
      2. Edge with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0 and higher)
      3. Chrome v60 and up
      4. Firefox ESR 52 and higher ESRs
    • Supported OS:
      1. Windows 10
      2. MAC OS X
      3. ChromeBook

NOTE: This is an early preview of Finesse 12.0, so this version of Finesse does not contain all of the features that will be available in 12.0. The features that are in the build have been tested thoroughly, but are not guaranteed to be bug free. The intention of this sandbox is to get a sneak peek into the new features of 12.0 or even get a head start to building your applications against the new 12.0 APIs!

Here is the link to the sandbox: https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/1b696887-ffee-4ea8-a2d7-2884d631619f?diagramType=Topology

Please note that this sandbox can be utilized by UCCE & PCCE customers too, as the Finesse features and UX redesign is equivalent on all deployments (unless there are nuances which are very specific to UCCX). The sandbox can be used to validate the UI/CSS elements across all deployments.

This sandbox is preconfigured with agents, phones, scripts, etc. So, reserve your Finesse for UCCX 12.0 DevNet Sandbox today for FREE!

We would like to know your thoughts. If you have any questions, issues, or comments, please leave them as a comment on this page. We will gladly take both positive and negative comments. Does your custom gadget not work in 12.0? It should, so let us know if it doesn’t! We look forward to your feedback.

Enjoy!

Rajiv Krishnan

Product Manager, Cisco Finesse

18 Comments
Jim duPuis
Level 1
Level 1

The sandbox is very helpful, it's nice to see CUIC have a single look. Would have been nice to see Finesse administration pages implement the same look, but admittedly little time is spent there.

A little disappointed playing with iframes pointing to Permalinks in the sandbox. We have wanted to display a number of reports using iframes in other sites for some time. TAC has pointed to CSCvh02393, even though we have sorting disabled, and are running 11.6.2.10000-38 (ES01-9). Iframes still do not successfully load results. Forums indicate we are not the only customer interested in this.

Ryan Thomas986
Level 1
Level 1

Couldn't seem to get the 'Invite Agent' function working in chat? The desired destination queue is available in the the list however when Invite is clicked nothing seems to happen? Not sure if broken or just one of those features that's not quite ready yet :) 

Kamil G
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm not seeing anything except a background image on the page when I click this link:

https://devnetsandbox.cisco.com/RM/Diagram/Index/1b696887-ffee-4ea8-a2d7-2884d631619f?diagramType=Topology

Is the sandbox offline?  Sorry, brand new here to the sandbox thing.  Never used it before.

Thanks,

Kamil

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kamil,

To reserve the sandbox, click the "Reserve" button in the upper right

sandbox.png

I hope that helps.

Thanx,

Denise

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delayed response, it took me a while to chase down the CUIC permalink issue.

The CUIC permalinks that have authorization turned on will not work in an iframe within other domains, only permalinks that require no authorization will work. Starting 12.0, due to clickjacking, the CUIC login page has the X-Frame-Options set to SAMEORIGIN.

If you are trying to add custom reports to Finesse, you will have to use the provided live data and historical gadgets. You can find more information about customizing these gadgets here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1106/user/guide/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-user/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-user_chapter_01000.html

Thanx,

Denise

Kamil G
Level 1
Level 1

@dekwan Thank You!  I tried it in IE first and it didn't work (page did not load), and then I tried it with Chrome and got the authentication window and later the page with the reserve button loaded.

Thanks,

Kamil

snandi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ryan - Thanks for trying things out.

This capability should work just like that, so we will need some info.

What browser are you using and version of it? Can you try with a different browser (amongst the Chrome/Firefox/IE/Edge that we support) and check if things work or not.

While Invite to group chat is not working does other features like say wrap-up code selection work fine?

simonbrinkmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Tested for one day now and so far no problems.

One request: It would be very helpfull if a CA was setup as part of the Sandbox. Debugging gagdets in Finesse in different browsers  a lot of time is spent on accepting/installing self-signed certificates for both UCCX and Social Miner. Some browsers don't accept self-signed. So being able to just trust ONE CA-certificate and see cert-waringsserrors go away would be much appriciated.

Thanks, 

Simon

simonbrinkmann
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue setting up the left navigation bar icon in Finesse 12.0 (EFT). Did not find any answer in UCCX Administration Guide, so I created a separate topic here:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/finesse-icon-left-navigation-bar-format/td-p/3784120

Thanks, Simon.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the feedback on the certificates, I will look into what it'll take for us to change that. I responded to your topic about the icon. I hope that solves your issue.

Thanx,

Denise

slarner
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to fnd some system requiremetns.

Does Finesse 12 require a UCCX upgrade. We are on UCCX version 11.6.

Are there any implications for CUCM?

Are there any minimum requirements for phone firmwear for example.

slarner
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to fnd some system requiremetns.

Does Finesse 12 require a UCCX upgrade. We are on UCCX version 11.6.

Are there any implications for CUCM?

Are there any minimum requirements for phone firmwear for example.

I can only use IE and Edge at work is the sandbox only designed to work on firefox?

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here is a link to the UCCX compatibility matrix: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/uccxcompat12_0_1.html

Since Finesse is co-res with UCCX for a CCX deployment, you cannot only upgrade Finesse to 12.0. You must upgrade the whole system which will be CCX, Finesse, CUIC.

This sandbox is designed to work for all supported browsers for Finesse 12.0. You can find the list here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/finesse/finesse_1201/installation/guide/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-installation-and-upgrade/cfin_b_cisco-finesse-installation-and-upgrade_chapter_01.html#reference_B1506DFA3943...

Per above documentation, for windows, the supported browsers is the following:

Internet Explorer 11.0 (Native Mode)

Chrome (version 60 or higher)

Firefox (version 52 and higher ESR)

Edge (41.16299.15.0 or higher)

Thanx,

Denise

sb40
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like Jabber1, Jabber2 and Jabber3 has just been cloned from the domain controller (10.10.20.100). They are named the same as the domain controller and they all think they are the master! Pretty messy if you want to do anything involving the windows domain (User permissions, Group Policies etc.) Hope you could fix this for all UCCX sandboxes because it seems like it's been inherited from previous sandboxes (see https://community.cisco.com/t5/devnet-sandbox/someone-please-fix-uccx-11-5-domain-setup/m-p/3799267#M3359)

Thanks

sb40
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone provide a step-by-step to login a 4th Jabber client. I have one Jabber client on each Windows server Jabber1, 2, 3.

I've tried to accomplish it with these steps:

1) Promote Charlie Bragg to administrator to let him RDP to 10.10.20.12 and sign in as agent020@abc.inc. (had to use the domain setup on 10.10.20.12 which is different from the real domain on 10.10.20.100)

2) RDP to 10.10.20.12 with agent020@abc.inc

3) Update network settings with 8.8.8.8 as secondary dns (otherwise Jabber complained about no internet)

4) Logged into jabber as agent020

Result is no phone services - cannot make any calls. If I RDP to same server as administrator and log into Jabber as agent020 it works fine.

Am I missing some config -steps? Is this result of the misconfigures domain setup?

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: