Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction

This document describes a method to clear the stored cache configuration, logs and Photos on jabber clients.

Problem description

Sometimes Jabber client displays an incorrect old Photos and contact information because of stored cache on the jabber clients.

Solution

Inorder to clear the stored cache on Jabber for windows and Jabber for Mac clients follow the below procedure.

Jabber for windows

The cache is stored in a folder called "Jabber" which can be found at this location:

C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\

Under Jabber > CSF you have the following folders Contacts, History, Logs, Photo Cache etc

Exit Jabber and delete the desired folder.

Restart Jabber

Jabber for Mac

Exit Jabber client and delete the desired folder

Logs - /Users/<userid>/Library/Logs/Jabber/
Config - /Users/<userid>/Library/Application Support/Cisco/Unified Communications / Jabber

Refer this document for more information
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-mac/116682-technote-jabber-00.html

Comments
Arjun Kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Muthurani,

Thank you above Description.

Can you please share all Jabber issues and resolution details?

Thank you.

Arjun Kamble

interpol02
Community Member

Good workaround but cache is not meant to be indefinite. We should be able to set a duration for cached items in Jabber.

Is it possible disable this cache or set expiration time?

Alejandro Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vladislav

I have the same question, do you know if there is a method to clear the cache automatically?

Regards

No, as workround for windows clients I add script with folder cleanup to logon Active Directory policy.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

just stumbled across this, anyone found a way to change the cache expiry time (maybe through the jabber config file)?

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Minksky!

Yeah, just upgraded CUCM and this caused a MAJOR issue!!! Not a great solution to clear cache from 5.5k users manually I tell ya!!!

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version are you running?

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Hey, yeah Jabber 11.6 and CIMP 11.

jbilinski
Community Member

Here's a method I used -- can be automated if needed.

http://scriptops.com/2014/flush-stale-jabber-contact-cache/

nestitis
Level 1
Level 1

version 4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: