This document covers the procedure on how to configure the custom alerts and setup email notification in Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
Real-Time Monitoring Tool is the ability for the tool to send e-mails when an alert is triggered. In this example we will see how to set up a simple alert, which sends an e-mail when less than 5 MTP resources are available to the helpdesk recipients.
Perform the following procedure to configure e-mail information for alert notification. As a prerequisite for email alerts make sure you configure the email server.
1. Log in RTMT Tool
2. Add the performance counter you want to create an alert in the monitoring page
Choose System > Performance > Open Performance
3. Add the Resource Available counter from Cisco MTP Device from the Tree
4. Specify an Instance/ Device to monitor - Double-click it to monitor the counter
5. Add the counter and then configure the alerts by right-clicking the counter and Selecting Set Alert/Properties
6. Alert Properties: General window will open
Check the "Enable Alert" checkbox
Specify, Severity : Warning
Specify, Description for the alert as "Available MTP resources" and
Specify, Recommended action
7. Click Next
8. Next comes the Threshold & Duration Window - Specify the threshold Value
Specify Threshold: Trigger alert when following condition is met as : Under 5 (as per requirement)
Specify, Value Calculated As : Absolute (as per requirement)
Duration : Trigger alert only when value constantly below or over threshold for 60 seconds
9. Click Next
10. Frequency & Schedule window will appear
11. Select the Frequency and Schedule
Frequency : Trigger alert on every poll
Schedule : Trigger Alert everyday (Scheduled Monitoring between) - Mention the Start Time and End Time
12. Click Next
13. Finally Email Notification window will appear
Check "Enable email" checkbox
Mention the "User-defined email text" to be mailed while triggering the alert
14. Select the "Trigger Alert Action" from the drop-down
-- This specify the list of users who shall receive an alert e-mail.
Hi , Please help me on attached error. When I am trying to update phone book from Manage Phone Book with Manage Phone book source, getting error can not be synced. Also re started the TMS extension services but no luck.
Hi GuysWith the prime collaboration license , I've read the ordering guide of CUWL and UCL license which indicate all of the these license should be supports and contained the prime collaboration license , as I run a BOM of CULW STD type license under CCW...
Hi All, I need some help, we have recently started moving from MGCP Gateways to SIP CUBE on our Routers as the PRI quality was not good. I have Ported my Fax Range to the new ISP and currently having trouble receiving Faxes when it hits my CUBE....
I have a question about host licensing in CWMS, that's a little unclear from the docs. Our users are synced with CUCM, and most of them are marked "inactive" as most users don't get hosting access. Of the users that are marked "Active", most o...