This document covers the procedure on how to configure the custom alerts and setup email notification in Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT)
Real-Time Monitoring Tool is the ability for the tool to send e-mails when an alert is triggered. In this example we will see how to set up a simple alert, which sends an e-mail when less than 5 MTP resources are available to the helpdesk recipients.
Perform the following procedure to configure e-mail information for alert notification. As a prerequisite for email alerts make sure you configure the email server.
1. Log in RTMT Tool
2. Add the performance counter you want to create an alert in the monitoring page
Choose System > Performance > Open Performance
3. Add the Resource Available counter from Cisco MTP Device from the Tree
4. Specify an Instance/ Device to monitor - Double-click it to monitor the counter
5. Add the counter and then configure the alerts by right-clicking the counter and Selecting Set Alert/Properties
6. Alert Properties: General window will open
Check the "Enable Alert" checkbox
Specify, Severity : Warning
Specify, Description for the alert as "Available MTP resources" and
Specify, Recommended action
7. Click Next
8. Next comes the Threshold & Duration Window - Specify the threshold Value
Specify Threshold: Trigger alert when following condition is met as : Under 5 (as per requirement)
Specify, Value Calculated As : Absolute (as per requirement)
Duration : Trigger alert only when value constantly below or over threshold for 60 seconds
9. Click Next
10. Frequency & Schedule window will appear
11. Select the Frequency and Schedule
Frequency : Trigger alert on every poll
Schedule : Trigger Alert everyday (Scheduled Monitoring between) - Mention the Start Time and End Time
12. Click Next
13. Finally Email Notification window will appear
Check "Enable email" checkbox
Mention the "User-defined email text" to be mailed while triggering the alert
14. Select the "Trigger Alert Action" from the drop-down
-- This specify the list of users who shall receive an alert e-mail.
Hi Community, I am facing issue with TSP plugin installed on windows 2019 server. I am not getting the CTI controlled phone in the dialer/ (Phone and modem).I am getting error as Unified CM TSP Authentication failed - check UserID and Password. but I...
Hello, I'm new to forum and to cisco.I'm a user of Vodafone in Greece that provides me FTTH 100/10 with Data, Voice and TV. Few years before I bought one 2801 Router and one 2901 in order to play with for learning.Vodafone serves all this ...
I work at a small college in the northeast US. We've been using Webex for about 4 years now and unfortunately we're one of the folks that started out in Site Administrator and are now using both SA and Control Hub. Over the last 4 years we issued Webex ac...
Hello, we have two CUCM clusters. In Each cluster, we have both SIP and sccp phones.we have configured a basic one Route pattern ( \+! ) to route calls to the SIP Gateway. Only one route pattern exists in the CUCM cluster. When dialing from sccp phones to...