Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

In this video, I will show you how to configure the ASA, using the ASDM interface, to support the Secure Connect feature on Cisco Jabber.

Secure Connect is an application feature in Cisco Jabber for Android and soon to be in Cisco Jabber for iPhone. Secure Connect is a built in VPN feature that allows Cisco Jabber to access the enterprise network.

The prequisites are:

- ASA version 8.4.1 or greater

- AnyConnect licenses

4 Comments
vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an important additional information that was not in the video.

Increase "webvpn default-idle-timeout" from 30m (default) to 86400s (24h) and this setting will be enforced only if the group-policy/username vpn-idle-timeout is set to none.

The connection to the secure gateway has gone dormant for a longer than the allowed time period.  This happens when the device or app sleeps overnight .  To avoid this problem, increase the timeout value on the ASA.  The value you must configure is called "webvpn default-idle-timeout".

Dear Vincent,

Thank you so much for this great video. You provide a lot of useful information that is missing in the AnyConnect Release Notes and Administration Guides.

Cheers,

Marco

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Vincent,

Thanks very much.   Cisco should do more material like this.  very helpful.

Hi,

I have a question here

I need to know the behavior of Jabber with this configuration..

When I open Jabber through 3G. It'll registered soon as per its connecting URL as VPN Phone with IP Phones ? or I need to connect to VPN every time for Jabber to work ?

Or when adjusting this timeout "webvpn default-idle-timeout"

we'll need to establish the vpn every 24 hours for Jabber to reconnect ?

or the sleep duration will reset this idle timeout and it'll start to recount

Thanks a lot to clear this point

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links