This document explains "How to enable End users in Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC) in Cisco Unified Presence?". CUPC provides a single interface for the most commonly used Cisco Unified Communications tools. From the CUPC application, users can initiate calls either through desk-phone control or in softphone mode. Contacts are listed with their enhanced Presence Status, providing click-to-communicate functionality by phone call, video call, chat, group chat and collaboration interaction with a simple interface to transition from one medium to another. This document covers the configuration that has to be done on the CUPS server to support CUPC features.
CUPC Integration with CUPS
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC) has a tight integration with Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS). On the CUPS server, there are several configurations that must be built to support CUPC features, such as accessing voice mail messages from the CUPC client, desk phone control mode, LDAP directory lookups, and CCMCIP based user device information. Some features might not be necessary in some deployments. The following list summarizes these features and the CUPS configuration required to support them.
Access Personal voice mail using CUPC:
CUPC can retrieve and process voice messages from a voice messaging server. There are several interconnected steps that must be configured to support the feature in CUPC, as follows:
1. Define the Mailstore: In CUPS, navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Mailstore and select Add New.
Configure a Name and IP address for the voice messaging server, optionally modifying the port and protocol as appropriate for the messaging server deployment. This particular configuration allows the use of IMAP to retrieve voice messages.
2. Define the Voicemail Server: Navigate to Application> Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Voicemail Server. Click Add New. The Server Type can be Unity or Unity Connection. Set the appropriate IP Address, and then click Save.
3. Define the Voicemail Profile: Navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Voicemail Profile. Select the previously configured Mailstore and Voicemail Server.
Allow Desk Phone Control
CUPC can control the user's desk phone using CTI. To enable this function, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > CTI Gateway Server. Click Add New. Enter a Name and IP Address.
2. Navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > CTI Gateway Profile. Verify that the auto-created entry exists.
Allow LDAP Directory Lookups
CUPC can access the local LDAP directory to provide a list of users that can be clicked-to-dial:
1. Navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > LDAP Server. Click Add New. Enter a Name and IP Address, and then click Save.
2. Navigate to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > LDAP Profile. Configure a Name and the LDAP account and password used to access the LDAP system. In the Search Context field, enter the LDAP search string (in the same syntax as used for LDAP sync on CUCM) that contains the CUPC users. From the Primary LDAP Server drop-down, select the LDAP server configuration in Step 1.
Define the CCMCIP Profile
The CCMCIP service has been adapted to allow CUPC to discover all the devices on which a particular user is logged in and available, presenting the user with this information in the CUPC interface:
1. Navigate to Applications > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > CCMCIP Profile, and then click Add New.
2. Enter the IP Address of the Primary CCMCIP Host, and optionally add a Backup CCMCIP Host as well.
What you have just done is create a set of application profiles that allows CUPC to connect and communicate with the various resources and applications on the Unified Communication Network.
Each application profile must be assigned to users in order for them to be able to use it. This can be done in two ways: The Simplest way is to enable the, Make this the default <profile_type> Profile for the system box on each profile configuration page.
If this is done before any users are synchronized from CUCM, then all new user accounts will use these default profiles without requiring any further configuration. The other way is to associate users individually to the profiles as (or after) the profiles are created. This is done on each profile page or from the End User configuration page in CUPS. This manual method can be used at any time to modify an individual user's application profile set.
The last configurations needed are on the CUPC application itself. Each user should customize his CUPC client with the correct credentials for each application in his profile set. Applications for which no profile has been defined for this user is not listed in the CUPC client and is not accessible.
Configuring Softphone device in CUPC 8.x
For information on creating a Softphone Device in Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.x refer the following document,
I am getting ready to implement a CUBE with smart licensing for the session count. In earlier versions I used the "license capacity" option of "mode border element" to keep from overflowing the ITSP talk path limit. I had to do this because the way CUBE c...
I have a cucm 12.5 integrated with gateway isr 4321 on H.323 , in this gateway i have a ISDN (BRI).The problem happens , sometimes , sometimes notwhen the problem happen it give the cause value 41 (Cause Value=41, Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Va...
Hello, We have Cisco Call manager 10.5 and Unity 10.5. We have Cisco Voicemail ports with numbers 6901-6996. These numbers in a random order are constantly calling a call handler we have setup as a se...
Dear Team, I have a doubt: My CUCM sys ver. 12.0 connect phones that is not Cisco:TASVoIP-95x-H - Fitre (ENH)ATA supply Tyco (ENH)does they are compatible with new FLEX 3 - Named User - Calling - Enhanced license?I don't found anything on Cisco ...
Hello, I have an issue with its-CISCO.18.104.22.168.tcl when incoming call from FXO is disconnected the script keeps in the loop without stopping, I don't know how to solve it! my configuration:applicationservice aa flash:its-CISCO.22.214.171.124.tclpar...