Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TITLE

How to enable status update in Cisco Jabber for Calendar Events

SYMPTOMS

Unable to set "Show status In a Meeting" from Cisco Jabber

ENVIRONMENT

Cisco Jabber for Windows (On Premises Deployment)

CAUSES

End Users cannot enable Calendaring Status Updates from the client itself. They now have to goto Cisco Presence User Options Page

RESOLUTION

To enable automatic updates of presence status for calendar events, Cisco Jabber for Windows users must individually enable a preference in the Cisco Unified Presence User Options interface.

Important:

This preference is disabled by default. As of this release, each Cisco Jabber for Windows user must enable the preference individually after deployment. Administrators cannot enable this preference for multiple users with a bulk task.

Step 1       Log in to the Cisco Unified Presence User Options interface.

Step 2       Select User Options > Preferences. The Preferences page opens.

Step 3       Navigate to the Calendar Settings section of the Preferences page.

Step 4       Select On from the drop-down menu for the Include Calendar information in my Presence Status field.

Step 5       Select Save.

Step 6       Log out and close the Cisco Unified Presence User Options interface.

Presence status now integrates with your calendar. If a meeting is scheduled in your calendar, your status in Cisco Jabber for Windows is automatically set to In a meeting when that meeting begins.

PREVENTION

None

RELATED TOPICS

Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_010.html#task_FFB43FFD3E11403BA23C0DB08A6EBB6F

Comments
krobberechts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sandhu,

I have an om prem deployment and , I suppose, I am missing the point .

I don't have possibility to select include  calendar information. I am runnung 9.0.2.

Thx in advance

calendar.gif

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bud,

You'll get the calendaring option once you have the Presence Gateway configured for Exchange Integration.

CUPS Admin Page -> Presence -> Gateway

Exchange Integration Guide:

Configuring the Presence Gateway on Cisco Unified Presence for Microsoft Exchange Integration

Regards,

Jas

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jas,

Can you enable Calendar Integration with Lotus Notes or is Exchange the only option. I have CUP 8.5 and Jabber for Windows 9.0.5. When I go into CUP user pages there is no option to enable Calendar Integration. I only have a CUCM Presence gateway configured on the CUP server.

Thanks

Amerjit

mattepps645
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jas,

I have Calender integration working fine for a Customer.  However, there is one problem.  When they login to Jabber for Windows, by pressing the "Meeting" Icon a user gets to see all the meetings scheduled in their Outlook Calendar for that day.

However, if they create a new meeting it doesn't show up in the Meeting list even when the refresh button is pressed.  If they logout then log back in, the new meeting shows up in the list.

They have Exchange 2010, CUPS 8.6(4) & Jabber for Windows 9.0.5.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: