How to transfer Opends VCS data to TMS for recovery purposes.
Scenario: Let's assume customer has had a harddrive failure and has lost its opends data/provisioning data in its TMS Server and now has to build a new TMS server but needs to recover its provisioning information and would like to do this by using the data that is currently residing in VCS opends server.
Resolution: We will copy the opends data residing on a VCS server and use it on a TMS server with the purposes of building a new TMS provisioning directory using the data that resides on the VCS server.
Environment: - TMS 13.x - VCS 6.1
Tools Needed: - Putty - WinSCP
Access Needed: - Root Access to VCS - RDP Access to the TMS server
Restart or Reboot Server Required: - Yes, TMS Server only
- Could wipe all opends/provisioning data in the VCS Server
- Unable to replicate from the TMS to the VCS
Before continuing the following should apply:
- The new TMS Server has not been replicated to the VCS.
- The new TMS server ldap and replication password has not been changed from the default value of TANBDERG.
- It is preferred for the new TMS server to have the same host name / IP address as the old TMS server.
- The VCS server should be able to ping the TMS Server by its hostname only
- The VCS server still contains data from the last time TMS successfully replicated to the VCS.
Steps to resolve scenario:
1. First, we need to verify that opends data exist in the VCS server. a. Login to the VCS server via SSH and as root and by typing the following command as root on the VCS: #ldapsearch -x -h localhost -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w TANDBERG -b dc=provisioning "(objectclass=*)" b. The above command will return ldap data contained in the opends. For example, you will find provisioned users information. c. Once confirmed provisioning data is in the Opends in the VCS server we, proceed to next step.
2. Proceed to change the replication and ldap password to the default value of TANDBERG. a. Enter the following commands as root in the VCS Server. #tmsagent_ldap_passwd #tmsagent_replication_passwd
3. Proceed to open WinSCP and enter the VCS Server information (root credentials)
4. Proceed to browse to /mnt/harddisk/app/opends/db/ and copy the userRoot directory from the VCS to the TMS server desktop.
5. Proceed to open the task manager application and end all java.exe processes
6. Proceed to access the TMS server via RDP and navigate to C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\Provisioning\OpenDS-2.0\db\
7. Once in the C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\Provisioning\OpenDS-2.0\db\ directory proceed to rename the userRoot directory to userRoot_old
8. Proceed to copy the userRoot directory that you extracted from the VCS server to the following directory: C:\Program Files\TANDBERG\TMS\Provisioning\OpenDS-2.0\db\
9. You should now have userRoot_old and userRoot directory
10. Proceed to restart the TMS server
11. Verify the TMS server has fully come up including all services
12. Proceed to navigate to System, Provisioning,Directory and verify your provisioning information. Note: All provisioning information resided in VCS should now be part of the TMS provisioning directory.
13. Proceed to access the VCS Server and purge the opends Data by entering the following command: tmsagent_destroy_and_purge_data
14. The above command should return in the last line OK.
15. Proceed to access the TMS gui and change the ldap configuration password and the ldap replication password to another value and select save. 16. Proceed to enable replication to the VCS
Hi, I have a group of phones that register in SRST, the phones DN's do not match the DDI's, as such i want all the external inbound calls to route to all of the phones in a hunt group. I have created the hunt group and that can be dialed interna...
Dears,This is a UC environment version 11.5We have one user who lost the chat on Jabber for one day only. Chats before and after are available.Any ideas why this might has happened? and is there a way to retrieve those lost chats?Thank you
Hi ,I am trying to upload the contacts through csv file as per the below specification.https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!add-contacts-to-campaign/input-xml-example-1 Adding the contacts through input xml example 1 is working f...
Hello Members, How do I refresh the address book in Finesse for a particular team? The problem agents are facing is that they are not able to transfer the calls to one of the agents as his name doesn't show up when they click "Consult" option.I've tr...
Hello community members,We have a bunch of jabber clients requiring an upgrade from jabber version 126.96.36.199916 to 12.7.1 . After installing version 12, all of the chat messages and the history previously stored in version 11 is lost.Is there any wa...