Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Cisco Unified ICM Component Installation

Configure Domain Manager

Now start the Cisco Unfied ICM installation by running the setup.exe. The first step to configure the domain manager before we can start the installation of ICM Router

Syali_Screen03_run_ICM_setup.gif

Now click the Domain Manager

Syali_Screen05_RunDomainManager_.gif

Domain is already selected in our case, so Add Cisco root

Syali_Screen06_Add_Cisco_Root.gif

Add facility

Syali_Screen07_Add_Facility.gif

And finally, add the instance. These setups are straightforward.

Syali_Screen08_Add_Instance.gif

CUICM Router Installation

Click the Add button next to ICM Instance.

Syali_add_new_icm_instance.gif

And select the instance name which is icm1 in this example.

Syali_Screen09_AddInstance.gif

Then click Add instance component button and add Router

Syali_Screen10_Add_ICMRouter.gif

Select ICM Router Properties.

Syali_Screen11_ICMRouterProperties.gif

Don’t select any NIC. Leave all the options as default. The Customer ID is insignificant for us.

Syali_Screen12_NICProperties.gif

Make sure you check two PGs in the following screen. Because in our setup we are installing one for CUCM and second as VRU PG for CVP.

Syali_Screen13_NumberOfPGs.gif

It is best practice to use ip addresses rather the hostname for the following screen and other similar installation screeen during CUICM component installation.

Syali_Screen14_RouterInterfaces.gif

Router setup is about to finish.

Syali_Screen15_Router_Setup_is_finishing.gif

After the installation is done, make sure you see following six processes running. They might not be active but this is ok for now.

Syali_Screen16_RouterHasSixProcesses.gif

Logger Installation

Create ICMDB on Logger

Before installing other component it is good idea to create ICMDB on the logger machine. Run the icmdba.exe file from the local icm directory. You might see following two warning messages. Accept these options and say Yes to them.

Syali_Screen01_tempdb.gif

Syali_Screen02_tempdblog.gif

Now create the ICM DataBase using the ICMDBA.EXE utility.

Syali_Screen03_createDB.gif

You might also see following warning message that you should accept and click Yes.

Syali_Screen04_config_SQL.gif

Select Memory and Recovery interval from the following and leave else as default.

Syali_Screen05_tick_mem_and_recovery.gif

Notice that the Data Base is not created yet and you have only taken care of the above warning messages. Now try to create the data base again.

Syali_Screen06_stop_SQL.gif

This time since all the necessary changes are already made, you will be able to create the database. Now add data and log databases to the list and create the database.

Syali_Screen07_Create_Again.gif

Syali_Screen09_Add_data_and_log_and_then_create.gif

You will notice a screen similar to the following screen and once the database is created successfully click OK.

Syali_Screen11_DB_Creation_on_logger_finished.gif

Next Step - Administrative Workstation (AW) Installation and Configuration

Comments
tqhuy1985
Community Member

Dear Syed,

First of all, I would like to say thanks to you. You postings helped me a lot as I the first time working on IPCC.

Second, I had a trouble when I tried to install Logger component (CallRouter was installed successfully). Hope you can give me some advices.

When I tried to install Logger, It shown a message " the collation of Microsoft SQL server on this machine is unsupported" and the installation was stoped. I read you posting anh saw that you run "ICMDBA.EXE" before install Logger, but I can't find that application on my server (c:\icm\bin). I don't know why? And I don't know that does it cause the Logger installation failure.

Your help is highly appreciated! thank you in advance!

best regards,

Huy Tran

Email: tqhuycntt@yahoo.com

Make sure to install SQL server with the Latin Collation with Binary enabled. I discussed it in the previous doc. Also ICMDBA must be there. I dont know why you dont find it in your directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: