Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.  This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you to copy/paste.  There is built in logic to verify you are entering in the correct information for the deployment selected, as well as valid XML characters.

The XML file structure is rendered in JavaScript, so you'll still need to copy/paste the contents into a text file and upload the file to your CUCM server, but you can rest assured that the configuration is correct and valid by using this form.

Update 2015-07-09: Updated with 11.0 keys, testing new automated method to mine key values from public facing documentation, new UI. Feedback on the new UI is welcome

Update 2015-03-12: Update default selection for new keys.

Update 2015-02-18: Added more keys from 10.6.

Update 2015-01-28: Update for 10.6 keys.

Update 2014-12-17: Update value generation when using reserved characters (&/&) so that only substitution takes place once.

Update 2014-11-19: Reworked the Jabber-Plugin additions, relaxed hostname verification, more import enhancements, updated missing keys in 10.5, corrected default value selection.

Update 2014-10-22: Updated CSS, corrected a few default values to match updated documentation and user comments in this forum, enhanced import function, added optional Telemetry Suggestion from existing data.

Update 2014-10-09: Added text import of existing jabber-config.xml file to pre-populate the form (works in FireFox & Chrome, IE not tested).  Removed SHA Hash generation of TelemetryCustomerID field.

Update 2014-08-29: Added 10.5 J4W keys which should apply to the other 10.5 releases as well, with additional logic to aid with some of the more complex key configuration.

Update 2014-05-12: Modified UI slightly, also corrected problem with checkbox inputs

Update 2014-05-09: Updated logic to include PhoneMode keys for versions past 9.2; although not all clients support PhoneMode yet.

Update 2014-04-24: Corrected misspelled keys, and validation errors.

Update 2014-04-21: Added J4W 9.7 specific fields, as well as simplifying data entry for BDI fields.  If using BDI, simply make sure you've selected OSX, iOS, or Android, and the script will copy whatever fields you have entered for the EDI integration, and automatically create the BDI specific keys for you.

Update 2014-01-02: Added partial Mac 9.2 specific fields for BDI, Windows 9.6 specific fields.

Update 2013-07-25: Modified Search Base validation logic to include the default CN in addition to OU's

Update 2013-05-17: Added 9.2 specific fields.

Update 2012-12-29: Added 9.1 specific fields and implented version switching for it to work with both 9.0, 9.1, and any future version dependent fields

Update 2012-08-16: resolution to CSCua39052 in Jabber 9.0(4) resolved the Base Filter open/close bracket problem.  Updated validation tests to reflect this change.  As such, this script will only work for Jabber 9.0(4) and later when using a custom Base Filter; if using Jabber prior to 9.0(4), simply remove the last closing bracket in the Base Filter tag before uploading to TFTP.

Comments
szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for catching that, I corrected this problem and uploaded a version which allows that to be generated.

might want to add:

<Policies>
<disable_im_history>true</disable_im_history>
</Policies>

as an option.  I will disable local IM history.  Original post: https://communities.cisco.com/message/129654

m.vanheukelum
Level 4
Level 4

When creating a UDS directory file, the generator asks to put in a URL where to download the photos from. You will have to enter a string like: http://<ip_web_server>/%%udi%%.jpg . udi is not the correct variable as it should be uid. However, you cannot generate the config file if you set the string to http://<ip_web_server>/%%uid%%.jpg . You will probably have to make a slight adjustment there.

Regards, Martin

Chester Rieman
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Scott!

First of all, I want to thank you for your time and effort. This tool saved me so much time and trouble. I really don't want to miss it anymore.

But is there any chance that you could upgrade it to work with jabber 10.5? Because we want to upgrade from Jabber for Windows 9.7.2 to 10.5.0 and I want to make sure that everythink is setup correctly.

Best regards,

René

Hi szelenka,

First of all, thanks for building up this useful tool. This is helping all of us to save a lot of time when deploying Cisco Jabber.

I´ve just downloaded the last version (10.5) of your Config File Generator and found that it might have some errors on the following fields:

Policies --> Voice Services Domain = It´s not accepting neither a DNS SRV entry, nor a domain (i.e: cisco.com). It only accepts hostnames...

Directory --> Presence Domain = It´s not accepting a domain entry (i.e: cisco.com). It only accepts hostnames...

Could you please check if these errors are real or if I´m commiting a mistake?

Thanks again!

Rgds,

Daniel

Thank you very much! You're our saver!! 5 STARS!

However, I may say something about Search Bases for BDI.

I noticed that when configuring Search Base for BDI, you only (and only) have one Search Base option which is <BDISearchBase1>DC=domain,DC=com</BDISearchBase1>.

Whatever you specify with <BDISearchBase2> it will never be taken into account.

Since the file generator replicates the Search Bases of EDI to Search Bases of BDI (let's suppose you specified 2 EDI Search Bases). It will work perfectly for EDI, but for BDI only the first BDISearchBase1 is taken into account, and BDISearchBase2 will be definitely ignored. 

So guys, when you attempt to configure two (or more) Search Bases in EDI, please consider that BDI will review only the first Search Base, the others will be thrown out.

For BDI, aggregate your search bases to only one Search Base and put it into <BDISearchBase1>DC=domain,DC=com</BDISearchBase1>.

So, for multiple Search Bases, two options are offered :

1- You may generate "jabber-config.xml" file with aggregated Search Base for EDI, and thus will generate also an aggregated Search Base for BDI and it's all perfect.

2- - You may generate "jabber-config.xml" file with multiple Search Bases for EDI, then edit "jabber-config.xml" to modify the <BDISearchBase1> to an aggregated one, and delete <BDISearchBase2></BDISearchBase2> line. 

Voilà.

Trad Tobaishat
Level 4
Level 4

The tool doesnt accept Hostnames that is starting by numbers although there is no restriction from UC servers wise. For 123CUCM.

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I updated this verification to allow the hostname/domains to begin with any alphanumeric character.  However it will still fail if you simply enter in the hostname (i.e. 123CUCM), you'll need to populate the field with the FQDN (i.e. 123CUCM.local) for it to pass the validation test.

Fikri FIRAT
Level 5
Level 5

Many thanks for the great effort!  

I remember using this, however, it prints the error now on the developer console : 

'The value of the property 'fnPopulateForm' is null or undefined, not a Function object'

on "jabber-config.html, Line: 484, Column: 73"

jasb_cistel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Very powerfull service, thank you !!!!

I however have many questions,I see we have a maximum of 5 search bases but I have 8 search bases, can we rather say for searching in root like OU=cisco,DC=company,DC=com and in this root have a exception for no searching in OU=Direction,OU=cisco,DC=company,DC=com ?

Can we import a lot of personal directory for all users using jabber-config.xml or other?

I have 500 end users in cucm that are in fact speed dials for outgoing calls and since jabber search on ldap directory I can't see these end users.

Last questions :)

I want to auto login users when I start Jabber and automatially choose correct advanced settings like CUCM IM and IP.

Thanks a lot ;)

s-mantsch
Community Member

Hello,

first of all: thanks a lot for this tool!!

Today I generated a new config and had some problems with directory serach, maybe you can double-check the tool.

First I downloaded the latest version from your article above.

I opend the jabber-config.html with FireFox 32.

In the "Existing jabber-config.xml" field I pasted the current jabber config, conatining these two lines:

<BDIBaseFilter>(&amp;(objectCategory=person))</BDIBaseFilter>

<BaseFilter>(&amp;(objectCategory=person))</BaseFilter>

I activated call pickup and generated a new config file.

In the new file, the lines were modified as follows:

<BaseFilter>(&amp;amp;(objectCategory=person))</BaseFilter>
   <BDIBaseFilter>(&amp;amp;(objectCategory=person))</BDIBaseFilter>

Can you please doublecheck?

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for reporting this. I'll need to update the code to catch when the HTML code is already in the string so we don't convert it twice.

Trad Tobaishat
Level 4
Level 4

Can you please tell us what has been added to the Tool regarding 10.6?

Will Pettit
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for updating this tool. I might be going blind but I couldn't see "save to outlook" option, so if anyone needs it you can use this:

<Options>
   <EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>true</EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange>
   <InternalExchangeServer>servername.domain</InternalExchangeServer>
   <ExternalExchangeServer>servername.domain</ExternalExchangeServer>
 </Options>

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: