Helpful
Comments
szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TITLE

Jabber Mac does not find telephone number for contacts

SYMPTOMS

When performing a lookup for a contacts telephone number, the client returns a telephone number that is different than what is configured on that contact in Active Directory, or nothing at all.

ENVIRONMENT

Cisco Jabber for Mac 8.5.1

Cisco Unified Presence Server 8.5.1-10000-35

Active Directory LDAP integration

CAUSES

The BusinessPhoneNumber and/or PrimaryPhoneNumber attributes in CUPS is mapped to an attribute that doesn't exist.  The LDAP User Fields are case sensitive, so ipphone (is not a valid attribute in LDAP) is not the same as ipPhone (is a valid attribute in LDAP).

RESOLUTION

1. In CUPS Administration pages, go to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Settings
  2. Scroll down to the CUPC LDAP Attribute Mapping table
  3. Update the entries in the LDAP User Fields column to valid LDAP attributes in your LDAP directory; specifically checking for case sensitivity
  4. Save the changes
  5. Relaunch the Jabber Client

PREVENTION

Verify LDAP attributes case sensitivity when entering in the configuration on CUPS.