cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have just spent a few days putting together a detailed call flow of jabber with the new collaboration edge feature. Jabber MRA can be complex to implement and there are so many parts to this, so I thought it would be good to have a documentation that attempts to break down the call flow bitsby bit. These will aid in deployment and troubleshooting once the underlying elements are understood.

I have added a few logs excerpts in the documentation to aid in understanding clearly what is going on in each phase of jabber interaction with expressway servers.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have attached the document here as it will be a little difficult to put it here due to the formatting constraints on the portal here.

Comments
aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Hey Ayodeji

Good document.

Looking to the flow i see that authentication process that is on get_edge_config message is not reflected here...

get_edge_config also carries an authentication message: if you open the get_edge_config reverse proxy URL you will get an authentication message..

Alex

Remi Vuillaume
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Nice document and very helpful.

Can you tell me where the logs come from ?

I am interested in the "user-agent" field because I am trying to figure out on which device the user tries to log via MRA... I would like to differentiate Android/iPhone and so on..

When you create a TCT device for instance, you can see in Expressway Core logs that the device performs a GET /TCTuserID.cnf.xml. That's nice. But if you don't create a BOT/TCT/TAB or whatever, there is no GET performed..

So how could I know which device the user is using ?

The "user-agent" field in your logs seems to be the one I am looking for but my logs don't look like this. I have CUCM 11.5 and Expressways X8.9

Regards,

Remi

rodsulli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well put together very helpful.

Thank You!

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Excellent Doc Deji, wonderful to read and quite detailed. Kudos my friend 😊😊

Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ayodeji,

The document is really helpful. You have really put it nicely altogether. Kudos!!

Cheers,

Amit  

Devansh
Level 1
Level 1
May i know what logs i need to collect on Express C & E server to see the get request
Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Diagnostic Logs

Devansh
Level 1
Level 1

I knew i need to collect diagnostic logs. If i go to advance support logs, I am getting lot of option, May i know which one i need to select

screenshot.PNG

Pointbreak
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the Document sir. Need your help here. Jabber MRA is not working in company's guest wifi. SRV records are resolving and we have opened below ports. We have SSO enabled setup. Please let me know how to proceed. It works absolutely fine from any other internet source

6970 - 6972

UDP range 1024 65535

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: