Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
  • CUCM can synchronize users and groups from LDAP
    • Introduced in version 11
    • LDAP Filter can be created for users and groups
    • Primary use to have Active Directory groups available in the Cisco Jabber contact list
  • CUCM can assign Access Control Groups to LDAP users from synchronization Agreement
  • CUCM can assign Feature Group Template to LDAP users from synchronization Agreement
    • This will assign User Profile to synched user which includes UDT and ULT
    • This will assign Service Profile to synched user which include UC Services (IMP, CUC, etc for jabber)
    • This will configure user settings such as Enable Mobility, Enable EMCC, Allow End User to Host Conference Now
    • This will allow user to run Self-Provisioning
  • CUCM can create DNs for LDAP users and assign them as primary extension using the option Apply mask to synced telephone numbers to create a new line for inserted users
    • The DNs will be based on the TelephoneNumber or ipPhone attributes configured in AD
    • A mask can be applied to these attributes to manipulate the created DNs
    • In case the synched users are missing phone numbers, CUCM can allocate DNs dynamically from pre-configured pool using the option Assign new line from the pool list if one was not created based on a synced LDAP telephone number
  • Navigate to System > LDAP > LDAP Search to integrate CUCM environment with LDAP Environment without synchronization
    • This feature will enable all endpoints and Cisco mobile and remote access clients in the enterprise to perform user searches against an enterprise directory server, even if those endpoints and clients are operating outside the enterprise firewall
Comments
Frank Mittrup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

playing around with the nice self-pro feature and I have some questions for the line creation.

First of all, the checkbox "Apply mask to synced telephone numbers to create a new line for inserted users" gives the impression that you can enable / disable the mask but in fact you enable "create a new line for inserted users". For me a bit misleading – may just for me ☺.

Anyhow, main problem is, that I would like to bypass the Mask because my numbers are variable and already exists in the +E164 format in the LDAP. But it looks like that I can't bypass the mask or use wildcards to handle variable length. It says “Mask field may contain numbers (0-9), must contain at least one wildcard (X), can contain one + or \+ at starting position…).

Why is the mask field mandatory?

Are they any workaround for my use case to auto create the variable +E164 number direct from LDAP (other than LDAP filter to the length and set the mask accordingly)?

Thanks,

Frank

Frank Mittrup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

looks like I found a simple approch to workarround my variable length number problem. Just fill the mask field with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and CUCM does import any number which is also shorter. Number starting with + in the LDAP does also work.

Thanks,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: