This document describes the various licensing options in Cisco Unified Communication 9.0
Cisco offers a variety of software licensing options to meet customer needs, regardless of the business size, the way employees work, and the tools they need. Cisco Unified Communications 9.0 licensing includes:-
• Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL): Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing provides the most popular bundles of Cisco Collaboration applications and services in a cost-effective, simple package. It includes soft clients, applications server software, and licensing on a per-user basis. Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) is required to enable access to major software upgrades.
• Cisco User Connect Licensing (UCL): A per-user based license for individual Cisco Unified Communications applications, that includes the applications server software, user licensing, and a soft client. Depending the type of device and number of devices that you require, User Connect Licensing is available in Essential, Basic, Enhanced, and Enhanced Plus versions. Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription (UCSS) is recommended to enable access to major software upgrades.
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing
With Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing, your organization can flexibly meet business needs by procuring a broad range of Cisco Collaboration applications and services on a per-user basis at a "better together" bundled price. It provides the opportunity to deliver a consistent set of Cisco Collaboration applications to a larger portion of your users, helping organizations maximize the potential of collaboration.
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing is available in two primary editions:-
Standard Edition: Built on the reliable Cisco Unified Communications Manager platform, this edition includes call control, voice messaging, and unified clients. Instant messaging and presence are also included and may be deployed as a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises.
Business Edition: Refers to Standard Edition on Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6000 and is equivalent in functionality to Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Standard Edition.
Professional Edition: This edition includes all features in the Standard Edition plus WebExMeetings, the WebEx Social Enterprise Collaboration platform, and contact center capabilities. You can deploy each WebEx solution as either a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises.
Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing can help you:-
Improve the value of a unified workspace:
– Offers multiple workspace applications at a more affordable initial cost
– Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) through a consistent per-user price point that includes: server software, license and soft clients
– Enables organizations to easily and cost-effectively adapt to changing employee or end-user needs
Maximize the potential of collaboration:
– Provides a consistent set of applications across the organization to increase overall employee productivity
– Includes instant messaging and presence for the entire organization. Can be deployed as a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises, further reducing implementation time and costs
– Allows you to deploy each WebEx solution in Professional Edition as either a 1-year subscription in the cloud or as a perpetual license on premises
Flexibly meet your business needs:
– Simplifies the way you acquire and manage licensing, service, and support
– Flexibly deploys applications to meet your evolving operational and business needs
– Offers an open platform that integrates with other line-of-business applications.
Cisco User Connect Licensing
Cisco User Connect Licensing for Cisco Unified Communications Manager is available in the following options :
Essential UCL and Basic UCL: These are user-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products. Each includes applications server software and user licensing for a single device supported by the Essential UCL or Basic UCL level of functionality. These licenses also provide on-premise Instant Messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
Enhanced UCL and Enhanced Plus UCL: These are user-based licenses for individual Cisco Unified Communications products that support Cisco's entire portfolio of user devices and include the ability to use a soft phone on your desktop (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices. They each include a soft client, applications server software, and user licensing. Enhanced UCL includes unified communications applications for a single device, whereas Enhanced Plus allows for two devices. These licenses also provide on-premise Instant Messaging clients and presence software for the entire organization.
Cisco User Connect Licensing for Cisco Unity Connection is available in the following option:
Basic Messaging (Voicemail): The Basic Messaging license includes rights to one Cisco Unity Connection user. The user has advanced voicemail access
Internet Message Access Protocol [IMAP], unified messaging, phone, and web) and voice recognition. (If you are using voice recognition, you must order
I am getting the following error while trying (unsuccessfully) to use the Zoom Enhanced API connector to synchronize mute state on endpoint and zoom meeting. HTTP Feedback Connectivity ProblemsThe HTTP Feedback for slot 4 can not...
Hi there I got a used dx80, when I reset the system and try to connect to the wifi. it keep saying the wifi is saved, secured with WPA2 but it is just not connecting it. And I cannot use any app and it shows I have problem with the internet connectio...
Hello all, We have two Cisco CP-8841 VoIP phones connected to a Catalyst 2960-CX switch that reaches back to our core. Both phones worked as expected until Friday of last week. One phone (phone A), connected to G0/5 is no longer able to connect. The ...
I just happen to come across this link
it says MS wants to depracate EWS related APIs.
is that mean unity connetio...
Hello, I'm looking to reinstall CMBE5000 in my home lab and I cannot find the ISO anywhere. I had the CDs, but I can't find them. If anyone has or knows where I can download the ISO that would be much appreciated. Thank you, Jas...