Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulate the called SIP address on cucm

Hao Hu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way that I can manipulate the called SIP address on CUCM?

for example, how can I change the called SIP address 3212@d1.com to 5553212@d2.com on CUCM.

SIP route pattern doesn't seem to have the ability to change the called pattern.

I know Expway can do transformation, but can I do it on CUCM without sending to Expway?

Thank you!

Hao

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you are going to want to do any SIP translation in CUCM, you can try setting up a SIP Normalization script for the modify statements. They would be applied to whatever SIP trunk the original pattern is direct to. I am not sure this would work for the expected redirection you are looking for though.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213516-configure-sip-normalization-script-in-cc.html

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the guidance!

SIP normalization script is a good approach and should be able to solve my problem. I am just wondering why CUCM doesn't have a SIP translation pattern available?

Hao

I would say at least from my experience, any SIP translations I have ever required were on the edge device, ex. SIP Trunk, CUBE, Expressway and never had a true need to do so within CUCM.
It would not be a bad feature request to pass on to your Cisco AM though.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: