Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is not working on Cisco Unity Connection:
WHAT COULD BE THE ISSUES | CHECK THIS DOC. FOR MORE INFO.
This Thread discusses how to troubleshoot the MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) issue on Cisco Unity Connection 7.x.
Events that Trigger Cisco Unity Connection to turn MWIs On and Off:
These events/logics trigger Cisco Unity Connection to turn MWIs on and off:
When a message for a user arrives on the Cisco Unity Connection message store, Cisco Unity Connection notifies the phone system to turn on and off MWI on the phone for that user.
The MWI remains on even after the user listens to the message. It remains on until the message is saved or deleted. Once the message is saved or deleted, Cisco Unity Connection notifies the phone system to turn off the MWI on the phone.
When MWIs are synchronized, Cisco Unity Connection queries the message store to determine the status of MWIs on all phones, and resets the applicable MWIs.
The MWIs do not turn on or off as expected for the events that are triggered from Cisco Unity Connection
RESOLUTION/SOLUTION (8 STEPS):
Follow these steps in order to resolve this issue:
(1) Run the Check Telephony Configuration test:
a. In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, from the Related Links list in the upper−right corner of any Telephony Integrations page, select Check Telephony Configuration and click Go.
Note: If the test is not successful, the Task Execution Results displays one or more messages with troubleshooting steps. Run the test again after you correct the problems.
b. In the Task Execution Results window, click Close.
(2) Choose Telephony Integrations > Ports in Cisco Unity Connection Administration page and check these items:
Confirm that there are voice−messaging ports for the phone system integration that are assigned to send MWI requests.
Confirm that the voice messaging ports that are assigned to send MWI requests are enabled.
Confirm that an adequate number of voice messaging ports for the phone system integration are assigned to send MWI requests. Otherwise, the ports can potentially be too busy to dial out immediately in order to turn MWIs on and off.
Confirm that a separate port group exists to send MWI requests to the master PIMG/TIMG Unit.
(3) Confirm that the port groups for the phone system integration enable MWIs. In order to view the Enable Message Waiting Indicators check box, go to Connection Administration and click Telephony Integrations > Port Group > Port Group Basics.
(4) Confirm that the settings are correct for the MWI On Extension field and the MWI Off Extension field. To view the Cisco Unified CM settings, in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, click Voice Mail> Message Waiting.
(5) Confirm that the MWI is enabled for the user. In order to view the Enabled check box, go to Connection Administration and click Users > Users > Messaging Waiting Indicators.
(6) Confirm that the extensions that turn MWIs on and off are in the same calling search space that contains the phones and voice mail ports.
• From a phone, dial the extension that turns on the MWI. If you hear the reorder tone, the extension for turning on MWIs is not assigned to the correct calling search space in Cisco Unified CM Administration. If you do not hear the reorder tone, but the MWI is not turned on or off, a route plan may be causing the problem.
Note: In order to view the calling search space for the MWI extensions, go to Cisco Unified CM Administration and click Voice Mail > Message Waiting.
(7) Restart the Notifier service.
(8) If these steps do not resolve the MWI problem, enable macro traces for MWIs.
Note: Also, refer to Cisco bug ID CSCtf46676 (for registered customers only) for more information.
MWI/Notifications Processing Might Stop After SBR:
SBR (SPLIT BRAIN RECOVERY)>
Notification fails at some point of time in a Cisco Unity Connection cluster when a node is unavailable for an amount of time. This occurs after the network has recovered and Connection's Split−Brain Recovery (SBR) process has completed while a significant load was still on the system.
Complete these steps in order to resolve this issue:
1. Navigate to the Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability page.
2. Stop the Connection Notifier service.
3. Start the Connection Notifier service.
Note: This is documented in Cisco bug ID CSCtn05523 (registered customers only).
I'm getting the following log messages on my ASA when my 7965 IP phone tries to establish the VPN from the outside.2021-01-19 12:25:44 Local4.Error 192.168.244.5 Jan 19 2021 12:25:45: %ASA-3-717009: Certificate validation failed. Certificate date is...
I am working on a use case featuring the integration of CVA with DialogFlow as described in this guide. However, I need to be able to pass parameters between my CVA flow and my matched DialogFlow agent/intents.
My use case consists...
Hello Everyone,Our agents and supervisors are working from home and connecting over VPN. We have 2 VPNs connected to 2 different Date Centers for load balancing purpose. We have the following scenarios:1) Agents are connection over VPN12) Supervisors are ...
Hello, we are attempting to configure a dial plan for the Cisco MPP phones and are running into issues. What we are looking to do is to forward the call from 611 directly to a call center. The code we have working in a Polycom phone ...
We recently got a request from customer to enable Preview mode for campaign. (Customer has PCCE 12.0 version running at present). When we enabled Preview Mode and tested calls , we could see when a call lands in Finesse and if Agent wish to press Dec...