MGCP protocol is using TCP port 2427 to exchange messages. It uses multiple messages to communicate between CUCM and MGCP GW. Each message should be Acknowledged.
1. CreateConnection (CRCX): This command is sent by call manager to MGCP Endpoint to create RTP session. It includes the following parameters:
Bandwidth to be used for the call
Codec to be used
Voice activity detection (VAD)
Other Endpoint IP Addresses & port number
SDP is used to carry those parameters. Gateway responds to this request with status message. If the request is accepted, 200 OK status is sent to call manager.
2. NotificationRequest (RQNT): If the CallManager wants the gateway to watch certain events on an endpoint, it sends this message listing the types of events to watch. This list is included in SDP portion of the message. The events can be DTMF digits, on-hook, off-hook, etc.
3. Notify (NTFY): When the gateway detects any of the requested events, it will notify CUCM using NTFY message which has the event listed in SDP.
4. ModifyConnection (MDCX): During a connection some parameters might change. If voice call was established and fax tone is detected, CUCM will instruct the gateway to change the encoding using MDCX message which will include the new parameters in SDP.
5. DeleteConnection (DLCX): Sent by CUCM to gateway in order to terminate a connection. After successful termination the gateway responds with 200 OK message which carry the following info in SDP:
Number of packets sent
Number of bytes sent
Number of packets received
Number of bytes received
Number of packets lost
Average transmission delay
6. AuditEndpoint (AUEP): This is sent by CUCM to get the info and status of endpoint. Its sent per endpoint.
7. EndpointConfiguration (EPCF): This carries the configuration sent from CUCM to gateway
8. RestartInProgress (RSIP): This message is sent from gateway to CUCM when an endpoint or group of endpoints are registering/de-registering from CUCM or when the gateway restarts (graceful, force, restart).
MGCP endpoints will register with CUCM in order to control them. This follow below steps:
*Sep 24 16:46:06.631: MGCP Packet sent to 192.168.44.131:2427--->
After the last NTFY message, MGCP Gateway will send RSIP Graceful message to Primary CUCM (without any response from Pri CUCM) followed by RSIP Restart message to Secondary CUCM (this will be acknowledged with 200OK)
Jan 27 21:49:11 MST: MGCP Packet sent to 10.170.4.11:2427--->
HelloI'm using Cisco Imagicle for the billing on my voice platform, after I have changed the voice gateway I lost all billing reports.I tried to add the new voice gateway by the configuration wizard but I didn't import any call.My infra is composed of: CU...
I have a big group of Directors that want to keep Call waiting option on their primary extensions but be able to log into Finesse to view their agents. What are my options? I added an agent extension but still only works if all lines are set to Max ...
Hello,When a user connects to our Meeting via https://join.xyz.com, they will join successfully, if they disconnect or close their browser (in this case chrome) and try to connect again to the meeting, they will not be able to join again, unless they chan...
Dear All, we are using unity version 12.5. we are getting a message in smart licensed portal (unity connection basic messaging user license ) is insufficient. currently the number of user 115.we purchased bundle license BE6K-STA...
Hello,deployment of CMS 2.5.2 for a customer in progress here. The cluster is made up by 2 nodes (say 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2). Below described behaviour was noticed.Occasionally (roughly 1 time a day) the WebRTC access splash page does not show as...