Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here are the instructions on how to order CWMS full installation OVA using Product Upgrade Tool

• Ensure you have a valid UCSS and ESW contract numbers
  • Go to Product Upgrade Tool https://upgrad.cloudapps.cisco.com/upgrad/
  • Enter UCSS contract number, select Advanced option, click Continue
  • If needed, enter the corresponding ESW contract number and click Continue
  • In the list of available products find the following:

1. The latest 3.x version (currently 3.0.1.27) OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption:

• R-WMS3-UPG-AU-K9=   (CWMS 3.x Audio Unencrypted – orion-X.X.X.X.B-AU) - E-Delivery

2. The latest 3.x version (currently 3.0.1.27) OVA file that supports Audio Encryption:

• R-WMS3-UPG-K9=        (CWMS 3.x Audio Encrypted – orion-X.X.X.X.B-AE.usb.img file) - E-Delivery

3. Cisco WebEx Meetings Server 3.x licenses:

• WBXMTSVR3-USR-K9=

Based on the contract, you will also have listed the total number of host licenses you can order, so when ordering it, make sure you put as many as you need for the system you are deploying.

NOTE: If you need a different version (not the latest one) of the OVA file to do a rebuild of the system to an older version, or expand the system on an older version, or add HA or IRP on an older version, you now (since 11/10/2016) have the option to order OVA for all the First Customer Shipment (FCS) versions: 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8.

• R-WMS1.5-UPG-K9=       - 1.5.1.6 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS15-UP-AU-K9=    1.5.1.6 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS2.0-UPG-K9=       - 2.0.1.2 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS20-UP-AU-K9=    - 2.0.1.2 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS2.5-UPG-K9=       - 2.5.1.29 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS25-UP-AU-K9=    - 2.5.1.29 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS2.6-UPG-K9=       - 2.6.1.39 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS26-UP-AU-K9=    - 2.6.1.39 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption 
  • R-WMS2.7-UPG-K9=       - 2.7.1.12 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS27-UP-AU-K9=     - 2.7.1.12 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS2.8-UPG-K9=       2.8.1.17 OVA that supports Audio Encryption
  • R-WMS28-UP-AU-K9=    - 2.8.1.17 OVA that doesn't support Audio Encryption
  • WBXMTSVR2-USR-K9=      CWMS 2.x licenses
  • L-WBXMTSVR2-ADD-K9=      CWMS 2.x licenses - this is PID to use to order more 2.x licenses - this is not done via PUT, but through regular new purchase order.
  • Choose the products you prefer, enter the quantity (be rational as you never know when you might need to order it again (in case you lose the existing OVA)), and complete the order. (it can take several minutes for the processing, so please be patient). Note down the SO# once you complete this order.
  • Keep in mind that for this product, you will need to submit A2Q form. The A2Q review is used to validate system architecture prior to the shipment and implementation of the software.
  • To submit A2Q questionnaire, please visit http://tools.cisco.com/atoq/ and select the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) questionnaire.
  • The questionnaire will be reviewed and, upon approval, the software download will be approved.
  • In the A2Q questionnaire, you will be asked for the SO #. Make sure you use the SO# noted in the above step.
  • It may take up to 5 days after submitting an order and A2Q form for the order to be completed.

IN CASE ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED WITH ANY PART OF THE PROCESS:

• If you need any assistance with Product Upgrade Tool, you can reach out to Product Upgrade Tool support by doing the following: 

1. Go to My Cisco Workspace (https://www.cisco.com/cisco/psn/web/workspace)
    2. There you can add module called Customer Service Central
    3. In Customer Service Central you can click on Open a Case tab, and under Program and Tool Support select Other Tool Access (you may need to click on View All first) and proceed with describing the issue you have.

• If you successfully ordered the product in PUT, but haven’t received it, you can reach out to Cisco Customer Service. Here, you can navigate through the menus to find the "Orders, Billings or Returns" contact information.
    Ensure you have your contract number, sales order number, and this order ID when reaching out to them.
    You can also call 1-800-553-6387 Orders and Billing Menu "Option 2-1"

NOTE: Only E-delivery option is available from 03/30/2016.

With E-delivery option, you may get either OVA file, or in some cases an .IMG file instead of the .OVA file. Don't worry, the .OVA file is included in the .IMG file, and to access it, just follow these instructions:

Step 1 Download and install the ImDisk utility for Windows. (can be found on the Internet)

Step 2 Go to the Control Panel and click ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver .

Step 3 On the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver GUI, click Mount new.

Step 4 In the Mount new virtual disk dialog box, do the following:

a. Browse to the orion-2.X.X.XX.B-AU.usb.img/ orion-2.X.X.XX.B-AE.usb.img file and select it.

b. Select the desired drive.

c. In the Device type area, choose Harddisk volume .

d. In the Image file access area, choose Virtual disk drive accesses image file directly .

e. Click OK .

Upon successful completion, the mounted virtual drive appears in the IMdisk window.

Step 5 Open the Computer folder and confirm that the drive is available, if you can browse the content, and access the OVA file

Comments
Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I'm a little confused which option I want. We are running CWMS 1.5 and currently not encrypting audio. If I download the Audio Encrypted version, can I upgrade to 2.0 in my current format with the option to encrypt should requirements change in the future?

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Downloading the Audio Encrypted version allows for this to be selected as an option, if configured.

Downloading the Audio Unencrypted does not even allow for audio encryption to be encrypted at any point. This is generally used in Countries or environments that by law do not allow audio encryption.

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you !

Moayad Ismail
Level 1
Level 1

What about the option for a fresh install.  We do not have meeting place nor any previous installs of cwms 1.5.  Is there an option available for this?

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In both of the scenarios listed above you get a full installation OVA file. I guess they named it like this to ease the conversion of licenses for the customers that already have the product. 

Since this is your completely new install, you can order either WMS2-UPG-AU-K9=  or  WMS2-UPG-K9=  for Physical delivery and get a USB drive with the deployment OVA file, or E-delivery and get the IMG file that you can use to extract the OVA file. When you complete the order, note down the SO# as you will need it for A2Q form.

Before the media order is processed, you will be asked to submit A2Q form. As mentioned earlier, the A2Q review is used to validate system architecture prior to the shipment and implementation of the software.
•          To submit A2Q questionnaire, please visit http://tools.cisco.com/atoq/ and select the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (CWMS) questionnaire.
•          The questionnaire will be reviewed and, upon approval, the software download/shipment will be approved.
•          In the A2Q questionnaire, you will be asked for the SO #. Make sure you use the SO# noted when submitting an order in PUT.
•          It may take up to 5 days after submitting an order and A2Q form for the order to be completed.
 •          For any further assistance with this process, you can contact Cisco Customer Service

Finally, if you opted for E-delivery and obtain the IMG file as specified in the article, if you need assistance with extracting the OVA file from the IMG file type, take a look at the instructions below:
Step 1 Download and install the ImDisk utility for Windows. (can be found on the Internet)
Step 2 Go to the Control Panel and click ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver .
Step 3 On the ImDisk Virtual Disk Driver GUI, click Mount new.
Step 4 In the Mount new virtual disk dialog box, do the following:
            a. Browse to the orion-2.0.1.107.B-AU.usb.img/ orion-2.0.1.107.B-AE.usb.img file and select it.
            b. Select the desired drive.
            c. In the Device type area, choose Harddisk volume .
            d. In the Image file access area, choose Virtual disk drive accesses image file directly .
            e. Click OK .
            Upon successful completion, the mounted virtual drive appears in the IMdisk window.
Step 5 Open the Computer folder and confirm that the drive is available, if you can browse the content, and access the OVA file

I hope this clarifies it.

-Dejan

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I wander if you can help me. I have received the Webex Meeting Server software kit, which comprises of a USB stick and I think has a copy of the 2.0.1.2B-AE OVA. However there are no instructions on how to extract the OVA from this memory stick. I have attached USB to Windows PC and the media shows as write protected, so I cannot browse the contents. Any ideas? Thanks

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Apanesar,

If you have an issue accessing the content of the USB stick, it is very possible that the stick is corrupted. We've had similar reports back in January due to manufacturing issue. Not sure when you received the USB stick, but you can try ordering the software one more time (either USB or possibly E-delivery if available for you). If you hit any issues with ordering new software media, please reach out to Cisco Customer Service and your Cisco Account Manager and ask them to help you with obtaining the new copy of the software.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

apanesar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dejan, thanks for the prompt reply. I got a usb stick when i installed 1.5 for a customer several months ago and I had the same problem. So now that it has happened again but on version 2.0 I think its is more likely down to me not interfacing with the USB correctly. Just wandered if there are any instructions on how to install CWMS from the USB stick. Thanks

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Apanesar,

When you plug-in a USB stick, all you need to do is open Windows Explorer and copy the OVA file from the stick to your PC or a Datastore from where you will be doing a deployment in vCenter. Based on my experience, it is most likely manufacturing issue and not your handling of the USB stick.

-Dejan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: