Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is part of a trace reading video series. The link below is to the main page of the video series.

Link to the home page

Here are the logs if you want to download them: diff_node_sip.zip

Note: This video is very similar to the previous video in the series; however, the main point here is understanding the format of the SDL process (node, application, process, process instance) and seeing the SdlSig-O/SdlSig-I messages.

First we find the dialed digits using dd="<number dialed>"

Then we can find the Digit Analysis DmPidRes and get the PID for the called device, the first CI, and the CDCC.

Searching on the first CI we can get the SIPCdpc for party 1 and the second CI.

After we know the SipCdpc for party 1 we can search on it and quickly get the SIP Call-id. 

Searching on the SIP Call-id for the first call leg we can get the SIP messages for that leg.

Going back to the search of CI one we can find the outbound CcSetupReq on node two and we can find the inbound CcSetupReq on node three.

Scrolling down in the trace file for node three we can find the SIP messages for the second call leg.

More information from the call can be gathered by going back through the search outputs of the CI's, SIPCdpc's, SIPStationCdfc's,  and CDCC's.

4 Comments
jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

Good stuff...can you tell me how you are moving text around so quickly when you are taking notes?

Also you highlight a time stamp and hit something to get a few lines and ######

THanks!

Jon

pkinane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for the comment, Jon.

This video is part of a series and the link below is the link to the main page. I spoke about the mouse and keyboard I am using in an earlier video. I don't remember which one though.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13019091/how-i-read-callmanager-service-traces-video-series

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3

I will check it out...thanks for the quick response!

Kuldeep0790
Level 1
Level 1

Hi thanks for so informative vedio,I request can you do same vedios on jabber PRT logs analysis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links