Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom endpoints not getting video when connected through cisco infrastructure

ceg-blr-kar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have an issue connecting polycom endpoints though cisco infrastructure. I have a cisco endpoints, vcs ,conductor and mcu s provided by cisco which are integrated to each other. When we are connecting cisco endpoints to the alias created in conductor audio video is fine but when we connect polycom endpoints which is registered with cisco vcs to the same alias,only the endpoint audio video reception is happening. but the endpoint is not able to receive the video content.any solutions please.

Regards,

VC Team

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you add the contents of an sdp in the sip invite to see if the polycom end point is trying to negotiate video at all. It should have video capabilities in it. Thx

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Michael Rubin
Level 1
Level 1

It is most likely a software issue on the Polycom, (Highly suggest if possible register Polycom via SIP, understood if it is an older unit, I am not even asking that question, I hope you realize the concern if it cannot register via SIP)  .  Try connecting the Polycom first and then the rest of the systems, if you are manually Dialing in, or have conductor dial Polycom first (Please note it may be adding Polycom last)    the other issue could be interworking, is your  Polycom registered via SIP?  Is the MCU or Polycom calling via SIP.  If it is a booked call in TMS. take notice if this is a booked call how TMS books the call ( COnnection settings, it will only connect that way if booked and TMS is booking the call)    IS it SIP?   To prove out the issue is software related, create a manual conference on the Codian MCU and force it to call the Polycom via sip (try H.323 too).   Possible work around if it is only one endpoint, set up a permanent conference on the bridge that will automatically call the Polycom unit or do it on the conductor..  Let me know your findings and I will give you additional suggestions.

Anurag Srivastava1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello

Is this happening with bridge call or P2P calls or both?

I know few cases where the new Webex series endpoints do not support H263 and only supports h264 and polycom used to connect with H263 so in that case the content will not work in P2P calls but when we use any bridge it should work .

Please take the Sip logs and compare the SDP.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: