Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Raees Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This video describes the concept of how PCD performs the migration of legacy CUCM cluster to CUCM ver 10.x running on virtualized platform

16 Comments
Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems to be a killer tool..nice....saved life from "partition unaligned error" issue and really it makes the migration simple !!!

Regards, Suresh

Raees Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Indeed, I was amazed myself when I first tested it myself.

Regards

Raees Shaikh

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raees,

I've couple of queries regarding PCD..

1. Do we need to assign IP address to PCD ?

2. How can we get the PCD tool, I mean is it downloadable or it comes with CUCM ISO CD ?

Just I want to understand the prerequisites for this tool other than hardware specifications.

Regards, Suresh

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raees,

I am  unable to find the link where I can click and view this Video.

regds,

aman

Raees Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aman

Im not sure if you are facing a browser issue but you could just click on the video itself & view the video. I just tested it again & it works for me.

Regards

Raees Shaikh

Raees Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raees,

I checked on Chrome and Firefox and was not working.

It is working on IE.thanks.

regds,

aman

Hello Aman

Seems to be issue with the browser only. Just righ-click and press "Reload" the script on the browser and then check the address bar shield sign. It works.

Regards

Lavanya

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Raees,

Good Video[+5]

What I can learn from the video that we do not need to refer software compatibility matrix anymore while doing upgrdae from 6, 7, 8 , 9 to 10.X if we use PCD? Please confirm.

regds,

aman

NikithaGeorge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Raees,

We are upgrading CM 7.1.3.32900-4 to 10.5 using PCD. When I'm discovering the cluster using "discover cluster", Its shown as "cluster discovery is completed, but with errors". I'm also attaching the screenshot. Kindly let me know why this timeout error is coming.

JIM MCIVER
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to migrate from 6.1.5 to 10.x and can't get past "Add EXSi Host". Error is "Failed to mount Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployments export as NFS store to the EXSi Host".

How do you get past the error...

-jm 

Raees Shaikh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Jm

let me check and get back to you on how you enable NFS in ESXi. PCD uses NFS to transfer the ISO to boot the VMs.

Regards

Raees Shaikh

Raees,

Have you figured this out?

JIM MCIVER
Level 1
Level 1

Raees,

No, tac has been unable to make it work. We have a MCS7828H3-K9-BE with 6.1.5 and am told by tac it won't work with this hardware/software. I've had a case open since 10/27/14 on the issue and am on the third tac person and still no resolution and haven't been able to upgrade hardware/software.

-jm

Owen Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

Jim,

PCD uses ESXi features that are not licensed in Cisco version of ESXi.  However, to run a migration task and then decommission the PCD server all you have to do is switch the ESXi host to the Evaluation license mode with will enable all ESXi features.  Once the migration is complete you can re-install the cisco restricted licenses as the additional services are only needed during the migration with PCD.

HTH,

Owen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links