Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Professional Displays and Cisco SX10

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

During my years as a Collaboration PSS at Cisco I have seen it all - beautiful immersive TelePresence rooms as well as cheap DIY videoconferencing setups. One thing common for many of the more "affordable setups" is the following; video codecs connected to consumer television sets.

The challenge when using consumer televisions sets in a video conferencing environment is all too familiar. If not in use, the TV set will power down and loose the active HDMI connection to the video codec. This created a world of issues. First, you need to have two remote controls, one for the TV and one for the video codec. Whenever you need to receive or make a video call, you need to turn on the TV, find the right input source for the TV and once done make sure the connection stays active.

In this video, I talk with Martin Sarap from Samsung Estonia about the Cisco SX10 unit and why it makes sense to use a Professional Display.

Link to video: How to setup a Cisco TelePresence SX10 with a Samsung Professional Display - YouTube

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Future of Work Virtual Summit Day 5

Cisco COVID-19 Survey