Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
imrahmad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(PLEASE REFER TO THE WORD ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILED STEPS)

Here is the way I found (discovered it) to run multiple instances of CIPC on just one computer without any Virtual machines.

So the trick here is done by the tiny software named “SandBoxie”. I use it to avoid the internet messing around with my system in the background while I am online, not an antivirus though but creates a virtual space just for your internet files and deletes them once you close the brower.

So all you have to do is to procure a fully functional version of SandBoxie and create SandBoxes (Number of Sandboxes decide the number of CIPC instances you’re going to use on the PC) according to your need and depending upon the number of NICs you’ve got on your PC or MS Loopback Adapters which you can create as many as you need.

Here are the steps to be performed:

• 1. Install the Sandboxie. I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
  • 2. Open the Sandboxie Control from Start--all programs.
  • 3. Create Sandboxes according to your requirement (Remember that this feature only works on a fully functional version which is activated). (This will decide the number of CIPC instances which you would like to run on the PC).
  • 4. That’s it, now to run the CIPCs all you have to do it right click on the CIPC icon and select “Run SandBoxed” And a window will appear with the number of SandBoxes you created in the beginning.
  • 5. So to run the first instance of CIPC select 1. To run the second instance of CIPC select 2, to run the third instance of CIPC select 3 and so on.

(PLEASE REFER TO THE WORD ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILED STEPS)

6 Comments
KY_
Level 4
Level 4

This not working properly.I recommended ip  blue same time with CIPC.

I tested above steps but its not working stable.

Thanks

imrahmad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

only if you can share what error or problem you are facing with your setup. I can try suggesting something.

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

When I started sandboxie instance on application CIPC always waiting  does not open anymore.

I'm getting an error about Exaption: CIPC default.xml

I thing this is not useful.

Thanks

imrahmad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you have tried reinstalling the CIPC on your PC

Hello,

Did you manage to place a call between both CIPCs? What is the Audio experience as they both use the same Audio card?

imrahmad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you see the attached doc file which shows the active audio calls from phones. yes I was able to make several successful calls but I was more focussed on the signalling and other issues which arise in a VOIP deployment. Not sure if IPBlue lets you use different Audio cards on the same PC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: