Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Some thoughts on Cisco DX70 and DX80

Views
Helpful
Comments
Beginner

The first time I saw the new devices my jaw dropped. Not because of the design. Not because of the planned price but because of the forward leaning approach to helping the user "get stuff done". The fact that the DX70 and the DX80 are Android devices enabling the user to take full advantage of this open platform holds a promise for the future.

In this video, I talk about the Cisco DX70 and DX80 with Timo Jolkin from Cisco Finland.

Link to video: Cisco DX70 and DX80 reviewed - YouTube

7 Comments
Enthusiast

Any idea if these endpoints DX70/80 will have an optional Handset so the endpoint can be used as a desk phone replacement? 

Beginner

I just got back from Cisco Live and need to echo just how great these are in person.  And yes the price sounds amazing as well.

I asked about the handset/headset thing.  While you can connect a bluetooth or analog headset right now, there is no official handset but there were some cool concepts on the show floor and I was told it was being worked on.  However I must say after hearing the noise cancellation feature in action on the DX80 I am not sure a handset would always be needed.  Impressive tech!

~Matt

Enthusiast

when we will able to order these via CCW, as of now the SKU's are not available any idea?

Advisor

Mid July is what was conveyed on another call

Thanks

Srini

Enthusiast

When will the DX series support Expressway?

rgds,

Martin

Beginner

Hi Martin,

sorry for the late reply. Expressway support is targeted for end of this calendar year.

-rasmus-

Enthusiast

Thanks Rasmus, good to know. Hopefully there will be some beta tests available at that time!

Regards,

Martin

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Future of Work Virtual Summit Day 5

Cisco COVID-19 Survey