Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
jefcampb
Level 5
Level 5

Care Assistant is a Spark bot (web robot) that pairs Spark Message users with experts based on their request or question.  Care Assistant is a feature available with Spark Message to provide assisted support by accessing the human intelligence available within Spark -- people who can answer questions.   Ask a Care Assistant a question and it will either tell you which topics it knows about or will start looking if your question includes a match to a topic it knows about.  If you are a Spark user, you can create your own Care Assistant by logging in here.

Spark Care Assistant FAQs
Spark Care Assistant Demonstration

Spark Care Assistant Overview Presentation

Comments
shrudixi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks

paugoodw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I set up a bot yesterday and it is still telling me "Sorry, but i'm not ready to answer questions yet.  Check back at a later time."  Whats the normal propagation time?  Also have a colleague who created one before shutdown that is saying the same thing. 

calogue
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Paul -- The bot is ready almost immediately but it requires expert rooms in order to answer questions.  To start using it -- add it to at least one group Spark room.  This room should contain the "experts" that will be answering questions for the bot.  Name the room something that will identify the type of expertise available in the room(s). 

paugoodw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Figured out the issue, once you add the bot to rooms, there needs to be at least one message in the room to activate the bot, otherwise you'll get the error above. 

yogesh shah
Level 1
Level 1

I need help in export / import report from 9.x to 11.5. My filter teams does not get forwarded ? How ? Procedure ? like teams ... all members ? No info is there in 11.5 from 9.1.

thx in advance

calogue
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I Think you posted this in the wrong thread. Can you identify the product you are working on ?

golmsted
Level 4
Level 4

I love the idea of the Care Assistant.  Who can I change the Display Name though?  I created a bot, but want to change the name.  I seem to be able to Delete the bot, but no Edit?  I can see not changing the Bot Username, but what about the Display Name?

I could Delete the Bot, but would it then be lost from all the spaces it is currently in?  Will I be able to create a new bot with the same Username?  Ugh...

calogue
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the feedback Gary!   You are right, you can't edit the bot from the onboarding page but that is something we are considering.   If you delete it, you *can* recreate with the same Display Name.  Current Workaround:  If you want to modify the name or the icon, you can do that from the Cisco Spark developer's site: https://developer.ciscospark.com/apps.html   You will need to log in to the site to see your Care Assistant bots.

nschombu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anyone had the problem where the Bot just stops responding to all communications?  I added it to several rooms yesterday and it was working fine.  However, today when I try to contact the bot directly it does not respond... also my test bot is not responding either.

cochoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How do I check which Spark spaces are my bot deployed in? Is there anyway of removing my bot from any space that has not be authorized by me?

cochoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, I have. It worked again when I removed the bot from all the rooms and then re-added it back

calogue
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi -- Yes, if you are the person who created the bot, it created a 1-1 space with you.  In that space there are a few commands you can use:

spaces - tells you which expert spaces the bot is in

remove <space name>  - removes the bot from that expert space

You also get a message in that same 1-1 space telling you each time someone adds the bot to a space so you can decide if you want to leave it in the space or remove it.

cochoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Carmen! I recalled there was a way to do it but just couldn't remember exactly how. Cheers!

rum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

we found this BOT so nice and useful that we've started using it inside our company as tool to quickly connect people needing help with colleague providing solutions. 

But we noticed that when a user post a request with an attachment to the bot, the bot does not forward that attachment to the destination space. 

We think this is a serious limitation as it's very common for people facing an issue to post a request with some attachment, like a screenshot, a brief video or a piece of text.

Is there anything we wrong? Is there any chance to have attachments forwarded?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: