Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I just wanted to post on pairing a touch panel with a Cisco TelePresence SX20.  The instructions do not mention turning on SSH on the SX20 in order to pair the two devices.  The fix is easy.  After installing the SX20 and the touch panel using LAN (not directly connected), browse to the http interface of the SX20.  Log into the SX20.  The default username is admin, and no password (blank).  There are some tabs at the top of the web interface.  Click on configuration, system configuration, and type SSH into the search box.  There will be a drop down menu for SSH (on or off, default is off).  Click on the drop down menu and click on.  Click on the save button.  There is also a pairing setting on the TV.  It is under advanced settings, under pairing.  Make sure that pairing is on when trying to pair the two devices.  If the touch panel does not automatically list the SX20 as a codec for pairing, there is a manual setting to type in the IP address.

Thanks,

Alex

2 Comments

Good tip  Alex,

I had been trying to pair ther touch panel for about 2 hours without success,

after checking your info I could paired sx20 with touch panel

thanks a lot

debi.fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Alex,

I've gone through all of the steps but the panel fails to pair with the codec.

The touch screen is a Touch 10 and the SX20 has software TC5.1.3.292001.

The panel sees the codec with the correct IP address, but fails to connect.  I've reset the pairing mode on the codec.  No luck so far.

Looking forward to your next suggestions!

Thanks,

Debi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: