Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction
This document summarizes the list of Desktop sharing options available on Cisco Jabber.

Jabber - Desktop sharing

Cisco Jabber supports three different Desktop sharing options

1. BFCP based Desktop share
2. WebEx Ad-hoc Desktop share
3. WebEx Desktop share (cloud)

1. Video Desktop share 

Jabber provides standards based video desktop sharing with cross device interoperability (BFCP)
Desktop share allows desktop to be shared with Jabber clients, TelePresence endpoints, rooms and conference units/bridges.

2. WebEx Ad-Hoc Desktop Share

• Webex Ad-Hoc Desktop share using the WebEx service in the Cisco collaboration cloud to host desktop sharing session.
  • Two way control application control 
  • Screen Annotation and drawing
  • WebEx Ad-Hoc share is available when running in cloud mode
  • Single Sign On (SSO) support with external identity provider

3. WebEx Desktop Share ONLY IN CLOUD

• WebEx desktop share is available in cloud mode.
  • User can escalate to WebEx desktop share from client
  • WebEx desktop share provides annotation and remote control functions
Comments

Hi Muthurani Lavanya;

Interesting your information about shared desktop, but I have an question, using MOBILE REMOTE ACCESS ( MRA) solution, screen shared is possible?

Regards;

Fabio Santos

Hi,

How to integrate and enable desktop sharing between desktop Jabber client to Video conference device(polycom)? I'm successfully able to make video/audio calls but desktop sharing fails to work. 

Do you have any workaround to make this work? 

Regards

Pradeep

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lavanya

Great doc.

Can you please share deployment documents this three type of desktop sharing mode?

Thank

kevbo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi 

Can you please confirm something for me?... There is no remote control facility available in Video Desktop Sharing.

If not, will it be available in later versions?

thanks in advance 

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: