Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments

Introduction

This document explains the various deployment modes for Cisco Jabber.

Cisco Jabber Modes of deployment

On-Premises Deployment
An on-premises deployment is one in which you set up, manage, and maintain all services on your corporate network.

You can deploy Cisco Jabber in the following modes:

IM-Only—To deploy IM-only mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities. Do not provision users with devices.
Phone Mode—In Phone mode, the user's primary authentication is to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To deploy phone mode, provision users with devices for audio and video capabilities. You can also provision users with additional services such as voicemail.
Full UC—To deploy full UC mode, enable instant messaging and presence capabilities, provision voicemail and conferencing capabilities, and provision users with devices for audio and video.

Jabber IM-only Mode

Cisco Jabber ‘IM-Only’ Mode Features

• Core IM and Presence
  • Advanced IM
  • Rich UC Presence
  • Desk Phone Control
  • Visual Voicemail

Jabber Phone Mode

• Phone mode allows Jabber for Windows to be deployed without Instant messaging and Presence.
  • Jabber will register directly with UC Manager.
  • Call history, Voicemail, WebEx Meetings and Outlook meetings integration and custom tab features are also available.
  • Contacts are not supported in Phone Mode 
  • Full directory search available
  • Administrator can chose mode of operation at install time

Cisco Jabber Full UC mode

• Jabber for Windows is a rich communication and collaboration client.
  • Highly productive toolset.
  • User Interface and experience crafted to be highly intuitive.
  • Standards based Interoperability.
  • Softphone and Desk phone are the two operating modes available on Full UC mode.

Jabber on Virtual Environment

Cisco Jabber can be used in virtualisation environments
           - IM Mode
           - Phone Mode (with VXME)
           - Full UC (with VXME)

The following features are supported in a virtual environment:

•  Instant messaging and presence with other Cisco Jabber clients
  • Desk phone control
  • Voicemail
  • Presence integration with Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013

Related Information

Comments
LCMC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Muthurani. 

It is a great information. 

I have one question: On the Full UC mode, What does mean UC? Unified Communications?

Thank you

Regards.

craigp
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Muthurani.

I have a question about the IM-Only deployment mode. I see that the only way to do this is to not provision users with a device. Our situation is in a Citrix Xenapp environment where the users are mixed - some having Jabber installed on their computers and some don't. We need a way to allow Jabber to run in Citrix as IM-Only even though some users will have provisioned devices -- is that possible?

arielroza
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding the Phone Only mode, Jabber version 12.x supports "Phone Only mode with contacts". Does it means that you are able to build a contact list in Phone Mode? I am following the On-Premises Configuration Guide to set it up, but I am unable to making it show a contact list 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: