Deploying a VoIP infrastructure introduces a new set of challenges that do not exist in circuit-switched networks like the PSTN. Some of the common network problems encountered by providers deploying VoIP infrastructure include the following:
Voice Activity Detection (VAD)
1. Physical layer impairments: Noise, interference in the line, loose connectors, badly terminated punch-down block, and so on
2. Last-mile connection bandwidth: Low-speed connections, oversubscription of circuits resulting in congestion, and so on
3. Network resource overutilization: High CPU and memory utilization on network devices, oversubscription of IP links resulting in congestion, high number of input/output drops under interfaces, lack of QoS for voice, and so on
4. VoIP application issues: Poor software implementation on PC-based soft clients, lack of QoS and prioritization of resources for voice, and so on
All the above factors to be considered and verified while deploying VOIP infrastructure.
What are the common Voice Quality Problems in IP Networks?
The network problems listed above can seriously impact the quality of voice in an IP network. Some of the common voice quality issues experienced by providers include the following:
1. Noise: This is typically any noise on the line introduced by an analog source in addition to the voice signal. Noise will typically leave the conversation intelligible but still far from excellent. Static, hum, crosstalk, and intermittent popping tones are examples where the calling and called parties can understand each other, but with some effort. Some noises are so severe that the voice becomes unintelligible.
2. Voice distortion: This is typically any problem that affects the voice (RTP/media stream) itself.
3. Echoed voice: Echo voice is where the voice signal is repeated on the line. It can be heard at either end of the call, in varying degrees and with many combinations of delay and loss within the echoed signal.
Hi All, We have setup Webex hybrid calling using the expressway connector hosts and everything is working fine. the problem is every day at random times I get the following error notification on one of the expressway connector hosts - but the er...
I've tried all manner of escaping '\n'. Either the post fails with an error, or the '\n' is printed verbatim in the Teams window. I really need to have code blocks that respect newlines in these API posts. How?curl -H "Authorization: Bearer tokenhere" htt...
hi Experts,I have few question on re-generate expired certs for UCM 12 ( not in mixed mode )Following is the expired certs :- Call Manager-CAPF-TVS- ITL Recovery-ipsec-Tomcat* what is the impact if I let it expired ?* Which order I need to do it first ? H...
need to find out inbound and outbound call records, from a particular device based on device descriptionsql car select call_type,callingpartynumber, originalcalledpartynumber, datetimestamporigination fromcar:tbl_billing_data where* Calling device descrip...
My environment has 329 registered devices with all of them set for registration first to a "main" subscriber and then the remaining subscribers and lastly the Publisher. I am seeing reports where the unregistered phone count will increase in a short burst...