cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi guys,

Over the years working on UC / Collaboration I've gathered a lot of knowledge, but no matter how many years you work on this, you still learn new things every day, specially on CSC.

I also got a lot of knowledge from being in TAC, and from PDI cases, as we are often asked things you don't see in the documentation.

A lot of that information is lost, both from our PDI cases, and from CSC threads.

In an effort to compile all that, I've create a FAQ which covers several technologies

You'll find info on the main UC products, due to limitations of the server where it's hosted, I had to create several child pages for the same product as sub-topics.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_FAQ

Any comments, questions, suggestions, contributions, corrections, etc. please send them to javalenc@cisco.com. Please make sure the subject is formatted "UC FAQ <anything else>" as I'll have rules in my mail to match them, otherwise, they'll end up in my spam folder.

Regards,

Jaime Valencia

3 Comments
Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Wow jaime this is really superb and exactly what i was looking for.

i have read your migration FAQ and i understand very well now. we need to reach MR for migration. you quoted an example as well. for 5.1(3) migrating to 10.5(2).

an example path would be 5.1(3) -> 7.0(2a) -> 7.1(3) -> 8.6(1a) -> 10.5(2). A simpler path might be 5.1(3) -> 6.1(5) -> 8.6(1a) -> 10.5(2).

from which guide did you find out that 5.1(3) can go up to 7.0(2a) and then to 7.1(3). ? i cannot grab it properly how to find to which last release one can directly upgrade from current release? 

""" 

the last release to which you could upgrade directly from 5.1(3) would be 7.0(2a), which is not able to upgrade to 8.6(1), the earliest release for that would be 7.1(3),

"""

i have already attached a snapshot and it also says that i can directly upgrade to 7.1(5) from 5.1(3).

Basically i also need your advice on migrating to 11.0.(1a).

can you please explain with another example path for migrating from 7.1(2)  to 11.0(1a). and the guide you will follow to find it .

i will be highly appreciated.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks, from the CUCM SW compatibility matrix you find all that, and what I posted are just examples, there can be N variations for an upgrade path, I just gave a few examples so people would grasp the idea and then follow the same process.

I might have missed what you mention, or they might have updated something, I started off this year and I see there's a revision on the doc.

The same principles apples to 11, that's why I don't want to go thru specific paths for every single version that is out there, and that will be released in the future.

The purpose of the doc is that you grasp the process that you need to go to, and apply it for your particular scenario. Simply put, I'll teach you how to fish, so you can fish on your own.

All the docs you need are the PDF for SW compatibility matrix from which you took the screenshot, and since version 10, the CUCM x compatibility matrix for each version, which are all under the main CUCM documentation page, under the compatibility link.

Good day 

Jaime, can you help me.with some.configurations examples of th HCS components like Cube SP, ASA, nexus 5k/7k or links where I can review the webcast related HCS.

Regards

Wilson Veliz Plua

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: