cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Problem

A database error is encountered stating that the "pkid column in the  callingsearchspace table in the database is being referenced from  another table."  Different versions of Cisco Unified CallManager may  contain more cryptic messages.  Then, when checking the dependency  records no record is encountered.

Delete failed. The pkid column in the callingsearchspace table in the database is being
referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records, remove the reference,
and then try the delete again.

******************************************************************************************

Conditions:

This can occur when a callingsearchspace is assigned on a CallForward.

Solution

When deleting a CSS, we must remove all places to which it is assigned.  The Cisco recommended way of determining the places to which the CSS is assigned is Dependency Records.  Currently, if a CSS is assigned to a CallForward on a Line Configuration, the line is not listed in the Dependency Records; therefore it is difficult to determine what needs to be done to delete the CSS.
These two columns are affected as they have moved to the NumplanDynamic table in 6.x and onward.  This is not an issue in 5.x fkCallingSearchSpace_CFA (Forward All) fkCallingSearchSpace_SCFA (Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All)

Use database queries to determine which lines have the calling search space assigned.  From the admin CLI:

1.   run sql select * from callingsearchspace

2.  Identify the pkid associated with the callingsearchspace which cannot be deleted

3.   run sql select fknumplan from callforwarddynamic where  fkcallingsearchspace_cfa = "X" (where X is the pkid from the previous  step)

4.  select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid = "Y" (where Y is the pkid from the previous step)

This will help to identify the lines that have this CSS assigned After changing it from the DN's, you could delete the Calling Search Space.

This issue is documented in cisco Bug ID : CSCsl98182

Comments

Hello, I have followed your instructions but still no luck.

1. run sql select * from callingsearchspace

2. pkid is "9c679ca2-4828-dd80-044b-5fd4e576998c"

3. ** Here I have too use the scfa as this css we cant delate is on the scfa, the values I get are below

run sql select fknumplan from callforwarddynamic where  fkcallingsearchspace_scfa = "9c679ca2-4828-dd80-044b-5fd4e576998c"

fknumplan                           
====================================
6d9727c7-e235-bc1f-cdf4-ff5578d4f0d6
ba2729d9-91fa-9363-a84b-11a65a32eb7c

4. ** This command get error, I tried both pkid and fknumplan entries and the same

admin:run select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid = "6d9727c7-e235-bc1f-cdf4-ff5578d4f0d6"

Executed command unsuccessfully
No valid command entered

admin:run select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid = "9c679ca2-4828-dd80-044b-5fd4e576998c"

Executed command unsuccessfully
No valid command entered

admin:

Any ideas? Anyone able to help?

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

I made the same mistake, Its:

admin:run sql select dnorpattern[...]

I asked cisco to correct step 4 on bug CSCsl98182

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Excellent documentation. I ran into this issue a while ago and wish I had seen this..I just have a little suggestiont to add..

Step 1. You can make this query more specific. Instead of using a wild card, you query the informix database based on the CSS name you are after..eg

run sql select * from callingsearchspace where name='Test_Line_Css'

This will return the pkid for that CSS.

Then on point 4 as others have noted, there is a syntax error.it should be corrected to this

run sql select dnorpattern from numplan where pkid = 'Y'

Shawn Guertin
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for a better first step, its noted, as for the fourth step, I notified Cisco yesterday and Today I have their confirmation that it has been corrected on the bug. Refer to: CSCsl98182.

I don't know if this forum will be updated.

John Safarik
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you ...this helped out tremendously using admin:run sql select dnorpattern[...]

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

hi  !  its a  old  post ,,but still  good  

At point (3)  ...  iam not getting  any result ,,just i see  "fknumplan "    

admin:run sql select fknumplan from callforwarddynamic where fkcallingsearchspace_cfa = 'ebaaae55-f612-bbe9-5576-902adfb10e97'

fknumplan 

anybody know how to find the  CSS dependency,,,cucm gui is not showing all ,,i have some css that needs to be deleted. ,,iam  runing  cucm 9.1.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: