cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
sagaskar
Level 1
Level 1

TITLE

Unable to share desktop on Jabber for Windows.

SYMPTOMS

The Desktop Sharing Option is grayed out in the Chat Window.

ENVIRONMENT

Cisco Jabber 9.0.1

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.1 and 8.6.2

Cisco Unified Presence Server 8.x (On-premises deployment)

Cisco WebEx Connect (Cloud based deployments)

CAUSES

To configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager for video desktop sharing, you need to apply a COP file to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and enable video desktop sharing on the SIP profiles of CSF devices.

RESOLUTION

Configuring Desktop Sharing on CUCM 8.6.1 - 

On the CUCM Admin page –

1. Enable desktop sharing on the SIP Profile for the appropriate CSF devices. To do that –
     - Select Device >Device Settings >SIP Profile
     - Select the appropriate SIP profile
     - In the Trunk Specific Configuration section, select Allow Presentation Sharing Using BFCP
     - Select Save

2. Apply the SIP profile to the appropriate CSF devices as follows:
     - Select Device > Phone on an individual device.
     - Use the Bulk Administration Tool for multiple devices.

Configuring Desktop Sharing on CUCM 8.6.2 -

On the CUCM –

1. Upload and apply the ‘cmterm-bfcp-e.8-6-2.cop.sgn ‘ COP file for desktop sharing, you can download the Admin folder on the following link to get access to the same.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284324806&flowid=32202&softwareid=284006014&release=9.0%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

2. Restart the CUCM 8.6.2 as follows
     - Open the Cisco Unified OS Administration interface
     - Select Settings > Version
     - Select Restart
     - Repeat the steps for each node in the cluster, starting with the presentation server.

3. Enable video desktop sharing on the SIP Profile for the appropriate CSF devices and apply the SIP profile to the CSF devices, as outlined earlier.

4. Enable video desktop sharing capability on the appropriate devices as follows –
For an individual device, select Allow Presentation Sharing Using BFCP and then select Save
For multiple devices, do the following –
     - Select Bulk Administration > Phones > Export Phones > All Details.
     - Select Bulk Administration > Upload/Download Files and download the exported CSV file.
     - Open the CSV file with any editor.
     - Insert a column named Allow presentation sharing using BFCP into the CSV file.
     - Set the value of the column to Y for all required devices.
     - Save the CSV file.
     - Select the Override the existing configuration option.
     - Import the CSV file.
     - Select Run Immediately.
     - Select Submit.

PREVENTION

Note:  - As of this release, Cisco Jabber for  Windows supports video desktop sharing in software phone mode only.  Video desktop sharing is not available in desk phone mode.

- You cannot enable video desktop sharing on the default SIP profile.  You can copy the default SIP Profile and save it as a new one.

RELATED TOPICS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_010.html#task_002CD757B8EC4F5E85AA5222626C772B

Comments
smolz
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have to have an active call to be able to share desktop?

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, an active call is required.

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

Is there some documentation that actually has that requirement for an active call for desktop sharing to work?

sagaskar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was unable to find a direct doc for the same. However we do have the following in the admin guide -

"If users initiate desktop sharing sessions during  an audio or video conversation, they use the video desktop sharing  capabilities on Cisco Unified Communications Manager."

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_010.html#task_002CD757B8EC4F5E85AA5222626C772B

You can also see one of the above posts with a screenshot to initiate desktop sharing form an active call.

Thanks!

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

I can't get the desktop sharing to work, it is still grayed out. I get video sharing, just not desktop. I have followed all the above instructions:

• uploaded the COP files
  • rebooted all CM servers
  • added BFCP to a new SIP profile and associated that SIP profile to the test users
  • reset the test users CSF and DN

CM version 8.6.2

CUPS version 8.6.3

Jabber for Windows version 9.0.1

Has anyone had success getting this to work?

Thanks

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

I can start Desktop Sharing during a call, but during a regular IM session it's greyed out. How can I solve this?

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

Ruud,

Currently you can only do desktop sharing when two Jabber clients are connected via a soft phone call. Desktop sharing does not work in deskphone mode when calling between Jabber clients, and you are not able to escalate from an IM to desktop share either. Those options are roadmapped for later releases.

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Michael,

So it's not enough to just be in softphone mode; you actually must have an active call going to be able to do desktop sharing? I wonder if endusers are going to understand/accept that...

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

That is what we were told from the Cisco folks we are working with, roadmapped for 2013.

fvazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Please would you provide me a link in order to download the COP file. I followed the link than Sana Agaskar published but I cannot find it there.

Regards,

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

You can find the COP file with the Jabber for Windows admin download.

CiscoJabber-Admin-ffr.9-0-X

thorstenn
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sana,

i`m using CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 and i`m not able to get it working. I don`t know i`m missing the checkbox "

Allow Presentation Sharing Using BFCP" on the CSF device.

I have tried to export all Phones and set the value from "f" to "t" (not Y). But the desktop sharing is greyed out.

The SIP Profile is assigned with the BFCP but on the device no chance. :-/

Any suggestions why the checkbox is missing under CSF device? Or how i get this working again?

Do i missing something in CUP configuration ? Version is 8.6.4.12900-2

regards

update: OK, i think i missed after upgrading CUCM to install the cop file again like said here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_1/JABW_BK_E4CC9599_00_environment-configuration-guide.pdf

You must install the COP file each time you upgrade Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2. For

example, if you configure video desktop sharing on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2 and

then upgrade to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2.1, you must apply the COP file on Cisco

Unified Communications Manager 8.6.2.1 and then configure video desktop sharing.

sagaskar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the link to the file is

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=284324806&flowid=32202&softwareid=284006014&release=9.1%280%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please download the admin file. Upon extraction, you can find the COp file in the folder -

CiscoJabber-Admin-ffr.9-1-0\CUCM

Sana

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

Fernando,

Go to Jabber for Windows downloads and download the Jabber admin file. The Cop files are in the CCM folder.

fvazquez
Level 1
Level 1

All, thks a lot for your help..!!

I already download the file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: