Cisco Unity Connection 10.0(1) and later releases can only be installed on virtual machines. Physical servers are not supported to install or upgrade Unity Connection 10.0(1) and later, and an attempt to install or upgrade Unity Connection 10.x on physical servers will fail.
An upgrade from Unity Connection from version 7.0.2 to 10.5 will consist of the following major steps: 7.0.2 to 7.1.3 7.1.3 to 8.0.2 8.0.2 to 10.5.1
There is an additional step of backing up Unity Connection 7.1.3 on MCS and restoring it on exact 7.1.3 version on UCS.
2. In the Cisco Unity Connection 10.x Supported Platforms List , in the table of virtualization specifications, determine which VMware configuration you want to deploy on the Unity Connection server, based on the maximum number of ports and the maximum number of users. Then make note of the VMware OVA template that corresponds with that configuration. The document is available at:
3. Download the VMware OVA template that you identified in Task 2. See the “Installing Cisco Unity Connection for the First Time on a Virtual Machine” section in the applicable Release Notes for Cisco Unity Connection at:
"You can upgrade from Unity Connection 10.0(1), 9.x, 8.x, and 7.x to Unity Connection 10.5(1). Note: To upgrade from Unity Connection 7.1(5x) and 7.1(3x) to Unity Connection 10.5(1), you must first upgrade to Unity Connection 8.x."
5. Provision the physical host where the Unity Connection virtual machine will run, according to the “Requirements for Installing a Cisco Unity Connection 10.x Virtual Machine” section in System Requirements for Cisco Unity Connection Release 10.x at:
6. Deploy the OVA template that was downloaded in Task 3. to create a virtual machine and configure it.
7. In the VMware vSphere Client, configure the virtual disks that are assigned to the Unity Connection virtual machine in independent-persistent mode. This provides the best storage performance.
8. On the virtual machine, change the BIOS setting so the virtual machine boots first from the DVD virtual device, then from the virtual hard disk. See the “Changing the Boot Order of the Unity Connection 10.x Virtual Machine” section.
9. If you are migrating from Unity Connection without cluster, follow the steps given in the “To Migrate from Unity Connection without Cluster” section.
Hello Experts,Please find Attached,I have a cisco 2911 with CME and recently bought a sip trunk with a local provider, but i can't get it works.the provider Provided a LAN cable from there MDU Box and they provide a static IP address, subnet mask, an...
Dear all I have 9971 phone and I am trying to perform a factory reset and the phone is not resting also in the setting menu I do not have administrative setting icon there is only call History and running application ...
Hello Community, Need help with below.I have setup as PRI > 4800 > CUCM 11.5 > vg224 > FaxAttached are configs.When I dial fax DIDs 4800 shows call under "sh voice call status" but same call does not go to VG224 and to fax. Please advise....