1. When you are using exchange 2007 or 2010 it may such happen that when you try to access your voicemail messages using the TUI it says
"You have no new messages", although you just left a message for yourself and you can see the same in your inbox using the OWA.
2. There would be no MWI notification for that message and on the SA page under messages for that user it will show the status as MWI light
off which denotes no new messages.
3. Basically what is happening is that the message does get delievered to you mailbox but Unity is not being notified by the exchange server
An error such as the following would appear in the application log
Search Folders Error
Event Type: Error
Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx
Event Category: Error
Event ID: 30020
Time: 5:00:06 AM
An attempt to create a search-result folder for account cn=xxxxxxxx,cn=Recipients,ou=Main Campus,o=xxxxxxxxxxxxx System has failed. The MAPI subsystem returned the following error:80040115.
This error does not necessarily show up every time. You will also find instances where the application log has no errors at all but the symptoms are the same as mentioned above.
Every time you press the messages button on your phone to access your voicemail box to retrieve messages,Unity goes back to exchange to request information about the user. This information is sent by exchange in a folder called the Cisco search folders. These folders contain information about total number of messages, total new messages, total saved messages and MWI status for the user. These folders are mostly stored in the cashe on the exchange side, and as Unity requests for the status they are sent over. These folders are also sent as notifications from exchange whenever a new message is left for a user, to update the MWI status.
Solution: 1. There are two basic ways by which this can be done. One is the tool developed by cisco MBXClean.exe the other is MFCMAPI, the microsoft tool. MFCMAPI can be easily downloaded from the microsoft site MBXClean.exe is attached to this document as a .txt file. You can download the same and then change it back to a .exe.
Let us first pick up MBXClean.Following is the proccess to recreate the search folders using this tool:
1. Obtain MBXClean.exe, a version of this patch is attached to this document or you can raise a case with TAC to get the same. 2. Extract the contents of this to a folder somewhere on the desktop or the commserver directory. 3. Create a list of all the affected users. Create a text file which contains all the subscribers' aliases(one on each line). To find a list of Exchange subscribers' aliases use the following SQL command in the query analyzer SELECT uid FROM Subscriber WHERE SubscriberType = 1; 4. Log on to the Unity server using the Unity Message store service account and open a cmd window or open a cmd window but run as Unity message store service account. Use this CMD window to run MBXClean.exe. and use the following switches: MBXClean.exe -r -s -i <inputfilename> where <inputfilename> is the file we created in step 3. 5. Restart Unity. Search folders for each subscriber will be rebuilt next time they try to check messages. 6. NOTE:-- If MBXClean.exe seems to hang we need to stop Unity from the tray icon and re run MBXClean.exe with Unity stopped.
Using MFCMAPI for the same procedure:
1. Download the latest version of MFCMAPI from the microsoft site on your Unity machine. 2. Log on to the Unity using Unity Message Store service account and open MFCMAPI or open MFCMAPI and run as Unity Message store service account. 3. Under the Session tab click on Log on and display store table. Select the unity messaging profile and click on ok. 4. At this point you are logged on to the exchange mailstore. Under MDB click on Open other user's malbox 5. Search for the affected user and click on ok. 6. Expand the Root folder and right click on Cisco Search Folders and hit delete. 7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 for all the affected users. 8. Restart Unity. Search folders for each subscriber will be rebuilt next time they try to check messages.
**********CAUTION - READ BEFORE PROCEEDING**********
Using MBXClean.exe for many users at a time will utilize a lot of CPU. It is advised this procedure be done duting a downtime since we also need to restart the server after performing these steps.Make sure you run these tools always using the Message store account and selecting the default Unity System profile.
Running informacast on a VM that is now reporting 100% disk usage. Some paging zones are still working but unable to get to the administration portal. Is there a way to clear logs from the CLI to access the menu to delete all CDR data if that'...
Hi, we have a HA Dialler set up and discovered the following We see a record in side A with a C record indicating that the record is closed. However if we view the dialler table in side B, we see the same call record in the P state. The is...
hi guys!hey my company is trying to implement Expressway and I got the latest's ova from Cisco.com. The issue is that the esxi guys do not allow to install an ova that has reservations and vmx hardware version 8. This one:VirtualHardwareSection ovf:t...
Hello everyone, I have two sites that have Be6k and router. One of the sites is working and operating already for 2+ years now.The router has T1/E1 serial card installed and configured with information below interface Serial0/3/0:23no ip address...